Benchmade CLA

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Archangel, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

This nice Benchmade CLA followed me home from Blade 2017...

Attached Files:

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Nice knife. So tell us about Blade 2017.

3. Archangel

It was awesome. Like a knife toy store. It's one of the few things I will willingly venture into the city for.

http://www.bladeshow.com/

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Did you get a chance to check out our table (Fiddleback Outpost)? We had a bunch of knives (fixed blades), axes, fire starters, fire tinder, sheaths, etc. Nice Benchmade by the way. I have Benchmade, ZT, and CRKT folding knives. My Benchmade is the smallest and seems to be just a perfect size & weight.

5. Archangel

I did. Nice stuff there and at the other Fiddleback Forge table. (would it be the main table?)

6. RedDawnTheMusical

The table at the front is Fiddleback Forge - they are a knife maker (Andy Roy is the knife maker and Fiddleback Forge is his company). He has several tables near him there with people that work with him including WA Surls knives, Dylan Fletcher, etc. I've known Andy for years and still handle his website/marketing, so when I launched Fiddleback Outpost with some friends as a retail outlet for outdoor gear (centered around knives), we used the "Fiddleback" name to pay tribute to our first manufacturer product line.

I'm gad you made it to both tables. It was a great show this year (as always).

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

This is on their website:

"Concealed carry is prohibited at Cobb Galleria. Under no circumstances will guns be allowed in the Cobb Galleria under their no weapons policy. Knives are only allowed in if an attendee will be showing it to an exhibitor, and you must disclose that information up front. No weapons may be carried in concealed."

Really? It's a public building, and if no screening, then carry is legal even if a "government building". Was there any screening?

8. Archangel

No screening. Good thing since there were all those weapons there...

Not counting my PPS 9mm, NAA 22MAG, and maybe 2 or 3 blades... ;-)

9. RedDawnTheMusical

LOL. I personally had two firearms on me and it was safe to say that there were thousands of knives everywhere... I think that is just one of those "feel good" policies that doesn't really apply to certain events.

10. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I just sent them this email:

Dear Blade Show Management,

On your website you have the following in a FAQ:

"Concealed carry is prohibited at Cobb Galleria. Under no circumstances will guns be allowed in the Cobb Galleria under their no weapons policy. Knives are only allowed in if an attendee will be showing it to an exhibitor, and you must disclose that information up front. No weapons may be carried in concealed."

That is incorrect information. The Cobb Galleria has NO SUCH weapons policy. They instead follow state law, which means they do allow lawfully carried weapons as long as there is no screening using certified law enforcement.

I happen to know some folks who carried their concealed pistols while at the Blade Show. In fact, had they carried openly their holstered pistols, that would have been fine as well, since there was no screening at all.

Please correct the misinformation on your website.

Best regards,

Phillip Evans