Belts.....

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by lostprofit, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

So for all of you who say to make sure you get a good belt for carry, you were absolutely right. I just got a belt in the mail from Crossbreed and decided to strap on the 66 in the belt slide holster that I really don't like. HUGE difference. If I had different (smaller) grips on this little cannon, I'd feel comfortable concealing with just a longer t-shirt on. The barrel is exposed with this holster which I don't care for too much. Zookeeper, expect a call from me soon.

2. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

A good belt makes a huge difference. :righton:

3. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

i got a belt from a&g a little while back. it is the first "gun belt" ive ever had. after this, i will never own another regular belt. it is just plain awesome!

4. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Agreed, a good gun belt makes a world of difference. I recently bought a couple of Don Hume B109 1-1/2" belts in cordovan (brown) and black, and they make a world of difference holding up my Glocks in Comp-Tac MTAC holsters. Double thickness of top grain cowhide, stitched edge. Well made and worth every penny. Less than $40 each. :righton:

[​IMG]

5. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

I have a 5.11 belt, its ok. I really want one of als belts. Has to be way better.

6. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

al makes an awesome belt!

7. 69953

69953 Guest

I looked at the 5.11 belts and didn't care for them. I wanted real leather. Considered buying one from A&G (probably still will), but went the DIY route and added a reinforcement layer to a belt I already had. I used veg tanned leather, hand stitched it to the back of the belt, and dyed it brown. Let me tell you from experience... after all the time it took me, the price of a belt from A&G or any other quality maker looks cheap!

By the way, for those in Athens, the uniform supply store on Prince Ave. carries 5.11 belts and clothing as well as some holsters.

[​IMG]

8. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

This! :righton:

9. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

I use the 5.11 gun belt daily. I really like it.

10. 69953

69953 Guest

The advantage I could see to the belts with a kydex reinforcement (5.11, Crossbreed) rather than double layers of leather is that it would be thinner and lighter. The belt I made is two layers of leather, and seems quite heavy. For those with A&G belts, are they pretty hefty?

11. ABC3

ABC3 Member

WoodandSeel;

Ours Gun Belts are made from 2 straps of 6/7 oz Bull Hide and measure just a tad shy of .25". I carry a full size Les Baer with an extra mag every day that I'm not in the shop without any problems.

We can install a internal stiffener which makes it very stiff, but few really need it.

Hope this helps.

12. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Al's belts are awesome. I have two of them, and wear one of them everyday. I save my Wilderness belts for when I'm doing yard work.

13. Swamper

Swamper Member

Also want to weigh in on a "real gun belt". Recently purchased
    from Al of A&G and it is a fantastic piece of work. Really makes
    the carry comfortable.

:righton: :righton: :righton:

14. cocsp2002

cocsp2002 New Member

I love my A&G. I wear it all the time, even when I don't belt-carry my gun. It looks great, provides excellent support for my pants, and spreads out the considerable weight of a GI 1911 plus extra mag so well I hardly notice I'm carrying it. Belt quality is definitely a major factor when you want to conceal, and still a big factor when you're talking about carrying comfort.

15. rdinga

rdinga New Member

Just ordered my third A&G belt and one as a gift for my boss. These belt's are a work of art and they work very well.

16. LoneOak

LoneOak Proprietor LoneOakTerrace

I started out about a year ago telling everyone how great the belts and Customer Service from A&G Custom Gun Leather was. I think it has caught on real well.

Al's Belts and CS Rocks!! :righton:
    Congratulations on a Job Well Done AL! 8)

17. ABC3

ABC3 Member

Guys, you are so kind. Thanks for all of the positive comments.

Now, when are we all getting together for some BBQ ?

18. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

My brother ordered one a couple of weeks ago. I only got to look at it for a little bit but everything looked really nice.

19. LoneOak

LoneOak Proprietor LoneOakTerrace

When are you going to light the Grill Al?

20. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Hell I'm in. I'll even help cook!