Belts

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wsweeks2, Jul 10, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Can anyone recommend a good gun belt that is priced reasonably?

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

You know I bought a Dickies belt from walmart. I couldnt believe how well it has held up and not bent or fallen apart! The belt is stiff as heck and holds my Belt holster really well. Pretty cheap price comared to the "Gun Belts" out there not to mention righ at walmart!

I have tried a bunch of belts and that one has worked the best for me and the holsters I have been using.

3. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

What's your definition of reasonable?
    I've read a lot of good things about belts from the Beltman. Since I trash a couple of cheap belts every year, one expensive belt that will give me several years of service seems pretty reasonable.
    That said, I bought my first one from Wilderness Tactical. It works well with my daily dress (Jeans and t-shirts), it's well made, and it was right around $45 shipped. I like it enough that I will eventually buy another. Unfortunately, it won't work for business attire.

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Ditto.

I have belts from TheBeltMan and Wilderness Tactical as well. I'm very happy with them both.

5. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

+1 for the Wilderness Tactical belts. I've got one of the Instructor Belts that has the insert in it. It's the Combat Shooting Model, CSM, and it's really stiff. My gun doesn't move at all and I'm not constantly checking on it or trying to re-adjust it. And you can repel with the frickin' thing if you have to! I just thought that part was cool.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Southern Holsters!

GPDO and GCO Member!

Support the community!

Also, there is a thread on here somewhere that says his work will be available to touch and see at a local gun shop. I asked whether his belts will be there, too, but it has not been answered yet.

7. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I love their motto: "Overkill never fails"
    Is your insert style belt too stiff for daily wear? I bought the 3 stitch first and I'm planning on either the 5 stitch or the insert version next.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I'm not trying to spend $100 on a belt. $40-$50 is fine with me.

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Skip the 5-stitch and get the insert.

10. Malum Prohibitum

That strikes me as his price range for belts, although I could not confirm it because he has taken his custom stuff down on his web site . . .

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have Wilderness Frequent Flier that pretty much collects dust in the closet now. A few months ago I purchased a custom leather gun belt from Tom at Southern Holsters. I got the 1 1/2" in black and love it. It holds holsters close and tight while looking like a "regular" belt.

Tom does great work. I love both the belt and holster that he made me. I'll probably be ordering a second holster from him, if he can get the dummy gun to make it. The cost of the belt was either $50 or $55. The belt cost one and the holster cost the other, I'm just not sure which was which.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Here is the quote off of Tom's website, it looks like he is upgrading.

13. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Do you want a dress type belt that would look good with slacks and/or jeans whether or not you are carrying your weapon, or do you want a more utility type belt?

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I'm looking for a plain jane black belt that I can wear with either khakis or jeans.

15. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Check out raftersgunleather.com and www.kdholsters.com

16. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

It is very stiff in that it doesn't twist or sag, but those aren't desirable traits in a carry belt anyways, right? When I carry with it stays right where I put it. It does have plenty of flexibility in wrapping around you, but it just doesn't move otherwise.

17. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

My Galco that I bought from Autrey's does the job well...shorts don't move. I wouldn't mind trying the wilderness insert...but I'm in the process of trying to loose a little gut.

18. Malum Prohibitum

I'd support the GCO member, but that's just me . . . :wink:

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Here's a pic my 1 1/2" gun belt from Southern Holsters. Tom says that we will have the custom goods section of site off for three weeks. He's getting orders caught up and designing a new website.

[​IMG]