Belly holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Patches, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Patches

Patches Guest

I think I am interested in buying a pistol belly holster for concealment purposes. I recall seeing an advertizement showing a man in jeans with his belly pistol very well hidden and he was able to move around quite naturally. I cannot seem to locate this holster company's name tho or where I saw it. I would appreciate any comments or experience positive or negative on a belly holster and the name of company's selling them. I wish to carry my Glock 40 in it and I am concerned with printing. My thanks.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Belly holster? I just tuck mine between the rolls.

:rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't pass that up.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Had a belly band holster, didn't like it. Really couldn't fit anything bigger than a Bursa Thunder in it, and even that moved around. Hard to get to quickly, and you have to keep it pretty tight to keep it from dropping down. Would not recommend one.

5. Patches

Patches Guest

Thanks for the reply. You and others have about convinced me that a pistol in a belly holster "will move around". That bothers me, so maybe I need to be thinking of finding the right concealable IWB or OWB holster. I have some real nice leather holsters from Andrews and Galco BUT they carry my Glock and another pistol too high and thus it leans out and can be noticed even with an oversized shirt left outsides my pants.
    What holster for a Glock 23 either inside or outsides the belt should I consider that will give me a little confidence?

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I have a G23 and Comp-tac Infidel for IWB and Comp-tac paddle holster for OWB. I like them, but those are the only two holsters I have ever worn, so my opinion may be biased.

7. budder

Patches, where are you located? If you're in N Atlanta, come to the next Cumming shoot and I'll let you try out what holsters I have so that you can get an idea of what you're looking for.

8. Patches

Patches Guest

REPLY TO BUDDER

Budder: My thanks for the invite. I live down on the Georgia coast in the vicinity of Darien and love it down here. Maybe sometime I can drive up to Cumming to one of the scheduled shoots. I know I would enjoy it. I really wish we had something like that near Savannah or Brunswick. I do not know where the closest gun range would be to Darien. Patches

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Re: REPLY TO BUDDER

There's a WMA in Richmond Hill. Go up 95 to Hwy 144, take a right off the exit, go 12 miles, take a left on Kilkenny Rd, then a left about 200 yds down Kilkenny.

I go shooting down there quite a bit.

10. budder

And you'd love to let him try out your Comp-tacs, right? ;)

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

snake has comp-tacs? :?

12. budder

I thought he had an Infidel and a CTAC. Does he just have one?

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Only Comp-Tacs I had were for the Taurus, which I sold.

I have a Bianchi Carry-Lok for OWB/OC and "don't really care" concealment, and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick for the rare IWB/CC. It actually works fairly well to disguise the shape of the gun.

14. grayelky

grayelky New Member

I like my Galco concealable. It carries my 4" 1911 snug, and if I need to cover it with a vest or jacket it becomes almost invisible. I prefer a black holster. When I was a detective, people seemed to notice my black holsters less than the brown ones, especially with a blue/black gun.

15. budder

Did you notice a difference between flat black and something like Southern Holsters' basketweave?

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I think you're mixing up all of us crazy college students. I have an infidel and an owb paddle. 8)

17. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Never carried a b/w while in plain clothes. Didn't carry flat black, only gloss black and gloss brown. I rarely wore brown clothes, and rarely wore a shirt that was not white or lt. blue. All of my suits and the over whelming majority or my wardrobe was/is blue/black/gray. If your jackets/vests are dark blue/gray/black, the holster/gun will blend in better/easier.