Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
68,524 Posts
Am I asking for my dog to be shot? My dog is a little tiny, thing, but still.

·
68,524 Posts
Out of stock.

Most AR15s are out of stock, too.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts

That's fine I have a open bolt belt fed AR15 with an FRT. Lol

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Am I asking for my dog to be shot? My dog is a little tiny, thing, but still.
Can't do anything about them headshots though.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Out of stock.
Where? At Big Daddy Unlimited or Rare Breed? Both of them are constantly OOS and then restocking. You can get on waitlists for both of them but it seems they don't bother notifying you because they sell out very quickly when back in stock. Best approach from what I've seen is just keep checking back and snag one as soon as it's available.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is the only real potential I see in the FRT.
I think the potential is the fact that these may just be a viable and legal product.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dremels and duct tape. No toolbox should be without them. 😁

In the ar-15.com link in the OP, a couple of people have gotten the actual vendor and part number for the locking bar spring as used by Rare Breed. They've also come up with "better" alternative springs including the vendors and part numbers. It's around page 8 if I recall.

Reactions: blind_shake

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Hopefully gen2 comes out before they're banned.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hopefully gen2 comes out before they're banned.
I think this is a huge help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are clearly a work around for FA laws, which I have no moral qualms with. But, they are totally legal. The ATF has allowed forced reset trigger manufacturers to sell triggers for the last decade.

·
68,524 Posts
They are clearly a work around for FA laws, which I have no moral qualms with. But, they are totally legal. The ATF has allowed forced reset trigger manufacturers to sell triggers for the last decade.
The first bump stock was in 2002. There are power hungry zealots at the ATF only too eager to ban whatever the administration wants without waiting for legislation from Congress.

They even have their sights set on pistol braces now as a priority.

When I see a mag dump with this and a full auto M16A2 done equally well, I think, they are going to declare it a machine gun.

There is no way to really distinguish this from a bump stock, which is all by itself a machine gun.

This trigger is not even like a binary trigger.

·
68,524 Posts
With that having been said, I really want to get my hands on one. They disappear as soon as new stock appears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first bump stock was in 2002. There are power hungry zealots at the ATF only too eager to ban whatever the administration wants without waiting for legislation from Congress.

They even have their sights set on pistol braces now as a priority.

When I see a mag dump with this and a full auto M16A2 done equally well, I think, they are going to declare it a machine gun.

There is no way to really distinguish this from a bump stock, which is all by itself a machine gun.

This trigger is not even like a binary trigger.
Bump Stocks aren’t machine guns, and the ATF didn’t considered them MG’s until Trump ordered them to. Recall that the rate of fire of a gun has absolutely nothing to do with it being FA. Anyone can easily fire an AR faster a grease gun. It’s solely dependent on whether or not multiple rounds can fire with one actuation of the trigger. And this trigger doesn’t allow you to do that.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen this, but earlier this week the 6th Circuit came out with a ruling that sided against the ATF in the bump stock case. They determined it didn’t fit the definition of Machine Gun would have to be changed by congress in order to enforce the ATF’s current ban on bump stocks. The Biden admin or whoever the hell else in the future may try and ban this, but if they do so it will be a blatant misinterpretation of the definition of a machine gun.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I’m not sure if you’ve seen this, but earlier this week the 6th Circuit came out with a ruling that sided against the ATF in the bump stock case.
Look here.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Since Rare Breed isn't stepping up to the plate yet with a factory fix or a Gen2 version, American entrepreneurship steps in to fill the void. A small FFL/SOT shop in New Mexico is offering a fix (based off a fix described in the ar15.com thread) on your personal unit for $75. (y) 😁

Reactions: blind_shake

·
Registered
9,193 Posts

·
68,524 Posts
21 - 40 of 46 Posts