·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I shouldn't have read that. Now I'm itching all over. :(

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,584 Posts
Flea Guns

Well, at least we know what kind of gun you can use to protect yourself from these viscious animals -- one of those 1/2 mm bore miniature Colt Python revolvers that actually shoots a bullet the size of a grain of rice. Some people carry "mouseguns" as a back up / deep cover weapon, but the gun I'm thinking of would be better suited for varmints in the flea/ gnat / mosquito/ bedbug size range.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AV8R said:
I stay in a lot of hotels. I spend 5 to 10 mins inspecting beds, carpet, and bathroom for bedbugs. Yet one more reason to get a local flying job in ATL.
Can you see them? I thought I read an article that they do not come out until you are asleep . . .

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
AV8R said:
I stay in a lot of hotels. I spend 5 to 10 mins inspecting beds, carpet, and bathroom for bedbugs. Yet one more reason to get a local flying job in ATL.
Can you see them? I thought I read an article that they do not come out until you are asleep . . .
That's the monsters under the bed... 8)

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
AV8R said:
That's the monsters under the bed... 8)
:lol:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
AV8R said:
That's correct, but they leave behind evidence of their "feast." In moderate to severe infestations, you only need to look at the mattresses. You will find a lot of little dark colored spots (blood and bedbug poop stains). You will also find pieces and parts of their bodies in the folds of the mattress and around the edges (seams).

Here's an article FYI:

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp

Bed bugs are active mainly at night. During the daytime, they prefer to hide close to where people sleep. Their flattened bodies enable them to fit into tiny crevices - especially those associated with mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and headboards. Bed bugs do not have nests like ants or bees, but do tend to congregate in habitual hiding places.

Characteristically these areas are marked by dark spotting and staining, which is the dried excrement of the bugs (shown right). Also present will be eggs and eggshells, molted skins of maturing nymphs, and the bugs themselves.

Another likely sign of bed bugs is rusty or reddish spots of blood on bed sheets, mattresses, or walls. Heavy infestations may have a musty or "buggy" smell, but the odor is seldom apparent and should not be relied upon for detection.

Bed bugs prefer to hide close to where they feed. However if necessary, they will crawl several feet to obtain a blood meal. Initial infestations tend to be around beds, but the bugs eventually may become scattered throughout a room, occupying any crevice or protected location. They also can spread to adjacent rooms or apartments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.