Becoming a rifleman

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by johnpeace, Feb 7, 2006.

1. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

Hey y'all!
    I know that we are primarily a concealed carry advocacy group...which necessitates a support of handguns. But I want to take a moment to encourage all of you to consider the value and the implications for the long term preservation of liberty associated with becoming riflemen.

The rifle is the instrument of freedom.

Please take a minute to check out the Revolutionary War Veteran's Association at http://rwva.blogspot.com

I will be going up to Ramseur, NC 2/24-2/26 to camp, shoot, receive instruction on the art of the rifle and share a weekend at the range with other freedom loving Americans. Participation at this event will also qualify me for the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which I intend to buy a surplus M1 Garand through.

Anyone want to come with me? Hope to see you there or at a future Appleseed Event.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

That's awesome Matt! What rifle do you shoot?

The RWVA group is probably a little more...activist? Certainly more passionate about the cause of developing a generation of men who are riflemen.

There's some really good stuff to read about RKBA on their website and I highly reccomend it whether you shoot a rifle or not.

http://rwva.blogspot.com

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The program covers all types of firearms. It is basically a series of targets, positions and scores you must attain to reach the next level.

Right now I am doing the .22 rifle and various handgun programs.

5. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

My high school had a rifle team, with rifles donated by the army, and I went through the NRA marksmanship program then. It was enjoyable and educational. It's hard to imagine a public high school nowadays actually owning rifles and allowing children to shoot them on school grounds. That must violate a dozen laws.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Competition shooting is one of the few reasons you can bring a gun onto school campus. It is just politically incorrect for some people. I would like to see schools teach basic guns just to stop the future Darwin award winners from picking up a gun and pulling the trigger without ever checking the chamber.

When I was growing up I had BB competition through 4-H. Then I learned rimfire and skeet shooting through Boy Scouts. Dad taught me centerfire rifle. I taught myself handgun by starting with a Ruger 22-45, (now franken-ruger).

The only thing I would really be interested in rifle wise would be like the Army's long range rifle course.