Beautiful 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by gunsmoker, Jul 21, 2016.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Check out this pic of a new Colt 1911 that has been all fancied-up by "America Remembers" and is being sold to collectors for $2500.
    I like this one.
    I'm not going to buy it.
    I don't collect safe queens.
    But it sure is pretty.
    Stainless steel Government Model.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Better image- from the seller's website.

Attached Files:

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

It's pretty but I've never seen the value in a weapon too pretty to actually use.

4. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Unless you have gunsmokers bank roll... :rotfl2:

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I have never seen anything too pretty to use or put to use or let/make it do what its inherently intended to do. Factory made cars to one of a kind, hand made Bugattis or General Lee's personal sabre to simple pocket knives. IMHO nothing is made to just be pretty and admired and looked at.

Crushing primers to ignite powder to propel projectiles out the barrel is the inherent intent of a well made firearm. Its just what they are designed to do. From the low cost production run foreign made to the one pictured above. I have never owned and never will own a firearm that I have not fired within a couple days for taking possession.

I would get one and shoot a box or 4 the first day or 3 I had it. Someone send me money for the pistol and ammo please. Once I get it I would be willing to schedule range time for anyone that wanted to shoot it.

Nemo