Beaufort County Sheriff's holding "Amnesty day"

Discussion in 'In the News' started by phantoms, May 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM.

1. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

For one day in Beaufort County it doesn't matter where that gun or explosive came from, you can turn it in no questions asked.

"Amnesty. No penalty to them. If the weapon is stolen, if its military ordinance, if its an explosives which we know citizens are not allowed to possess explosives, let us take possession of it and you don't have to worry about it."

"There's no penalty to them. They can turn it in, we will take it."

Rest of story at http://www.wsav.com/investigates/cr...ng-weapons-explosives-amnesty-day-/1183592008.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Excellent! I've been wondering what to do with all those M72 LAWS rocket launchers. I need the space for my quilting racks. :righton:

3. jsaund22

jsaund22 Computer Ninjaneer

It boggles the mind that someone who deals with criminals on a daily basis can be that dense.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yet, people turn stuff in. Maybe a few people will see it that have a gun in a closet somewhere and they turn it in because they don't want it and otherwise don't know what to do with it (maybe it was inherited or something). If it gets firearms away from people that won't take care of them and safeguard them. I'm all for it. With that said, I can't imagine anyone here will be participating in the generous offer made by the Sheriff.

5. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

"Hey guys! Guys!, I found the perfect way to get rid of that gun we used to shoot old Mr. Jones with. The police! Yeah, I know right??
    No questions asked and it'll never, EVER be able to be traced back to us."

6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Sit a few blocks away with sign that says I Buy Guns.

Nemo

7. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Maybe the problem is not the guns. Maybe it's stupid policies (like giving amnesty to criminals).