Bear Creek Holsters - Wallet Holster for LCP

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by RevolverDan, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

Picked up this guy from Doug at Bear Creek Holsters in TX. I talked to him on the phone about them on Monday. He does some pretty good volume with this holster as he advertises on http://elsiepeaforum.com/. He shipped it the next day, and I got it today. I'm really impressed with it. Great for back pocket carry, and the screws will allow me to remove the panel for front pocket carry if I decide. Great construction and workmanship. I've been sitting on it for about 9 hours now. It's more confortable than my wallet. :) I highly recommend them if you are in the market for your LCP.

[​IMG]

2. dam294

dam294 Active Member

It looks nice. How is it on staying in the pocket when drawing?

3. RevolverDan

Great. The backside is unfinished so it doesn't move at all. Still working on the break in so the draw is still a little tight, but it's almost there.

4. 69953

69953 Guest

It looks like it's boned in behind the trigger. That would concern me, if so.

5. RevolverDan

Why? Never crossed my mind as an issue.

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

:shock:
    I don't like things that apply pressure to the trigger when holstering.

It may not be an issue if that is only on one side, but I can't tell from the photo.

7. RevolverDan

The trigger isn't touched when holstered. It's a very small indention, likely more for appearance than anything functional.

8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Not "when holstered" but "while holstering".

How does it not put pressure on the trigger while inserting into the holster?

9. RevolverDan

My bad. It doesn't put pressure on the trigger WHILE holstering either.

It doesn't put pressure on it b/c the two don't touch. Not sure how to explain it, other than that.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I own the same wallet holster and it is very high quality. Doug is a great guy. Mine works well after it's worn in from use. Presentation is great and totally looks like you're going for your wallet. No interaction with the trigger while holstering either (I look at that as well.)

Here is what I use for alternate IWB carry when I'm wearing pants with shallow back pockets. It's a kydex IWB holster and mag holder from Aholster.com. Adjustable retention and thin (very comfortable wear.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JMan

JMan New Member

Gun so small and thanks to SB308 I don't use a holster for this gun unless I ankle it :p

12. RevolverDan

Wish I was skinny enough to do that without it printing. :)