BB&T

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by wsweeks2, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

The fiance and I decided to enjoy the weather and head up to Suwanee Town Center this evening. After disarming to go to a restaurant that serves alcohol ( :twisted: ), we had a nice time at the new Old Tavern there. Finished up and went to re-arm and go for a walk. Decided to check out all the stores along the way, and came upon this one at the BB&T on the corner:

[​IMG]

I wish they were open so I could have gone and to inquire as to the specifics, while armed of course.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I love having a ring hammer. Those signs always seem to target spur or bobbed hammers. I guess they just know I'm a good guy. 8)

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Do not carry at BB&T unless you like having bank officials take down the tag number on your car, call someone to get an address and phone number for the registration, and then call the person to whom the vehicle is registered.

True story. I was OC in BB&T and evidently someone did exactly that, called my mother three days later and said there was an "incident" involving the person driving her car in one of their banks. They were, according to Mom, very intimidating and threatened to report her to the police unless she gave them my information.

As soon as I found out about this (they called me and threatened me) I closed my account and filed a harassment complaint with the police. I'm currently also in touch with a lawyer about my legal options; he says they're not good.

DO NOT PATRONIZE BB&T (especially while armed).

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That sign seems to hint if you see any guns call that number. :roll:

Keep us updated, GSU.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What police action could they have taken? Signs don't have any weight in GA correct and you left when you found out the policy, right? I don't see what they could do legally... They're probably just sour because you aren't a customer anymore.

6. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

people who work at banks can run tag numbers? can i ?

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

that's interesting, i also am interested in knowing how easy one can be given that info from a tag #, also that they can call you and threaten/harass you when doing nothing illegal just don't seem right. glad i don't have an account there, i'd have to close it.

8. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Good man.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I thought you closed your account the day you found out about the corporate policy? Which is it?

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I added BB&T to the corps in GA with bans on customer firearms