Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fiance and I decided to enjoy the weather and head up to Suwanee Town Center this evening. After disarming to go to a restaurant that serves alcohol ( :twisted: ), we had a nice time at the new Old Tavern there. Finished up and went to re-arm and go for a walk. Decided to check out all the stores along the way, and came upon this one at the BB&T on the corner:

I wish they were open so I could have gone and to inquire as to the specifics, while armed of course.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Do not carry at BB&T unless you like having bank officials take down the tag number on your car, call someone to get an address and phone number for the registration, and then call the person to whom the vehicle is registered.

True story. I was OC in BB&T and evidently someone did exactly that, called my mother three days later and said there was an "incident" involving the person driving her car in one of their banks. They were, according to Mom, very intimidating and threatened to report her to the police unless she gave them my information.

As soon as I found out about this (they called me and threatened me) I closed my account and filed a harassment complaint with the police. I'm currently also in touch with a lawyer about my legal options; he says they're not good.

DO NOT PATRONIZE BB&T (especially while armed).

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
Do not carry at BB&T unless you like having bank officials take down the tag number on your car, call someone to get an address and phone number for the registration, and then call the person to whom the vehicle is registered.

True story. I was OC in BB&T and evidently someone did exactly that, called my mother three days later and said there was an "incident" involving the person driving her car in one of their banks. They were, according to Mom, very intimidating and threatened to report her to the police unless she gave them my information.

As soon as I found out about this (they called me and threatened me) I closed my account and filed a harassment complaint with the police. I'm currently also in touch with a lawyer about my legal options; he says they're not good.

DO NOT PATRONIZE BB&T (especially while armed).
What police action could they have taken? Signs don't have any weight in GA correct and you left when you found out the policy, right? I don't see what they could do legally... They're probably just sour because you aren't a customer anymore.

·
Registered
684 Posts
people who work at banks can run tag numbers? can i ?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
that's interesting, i also am interested in knowing how easy one can be given that info from a tag #, also that they can call you and threaten/harass you when doing nothing illegal just don't seem right. glad i don't have an account there, i'd have to close it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
gsusnake said:
As soon as I found out about this (they called me and threatened me) I closed my account and filed a harassment complaint with the police.
Good man.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
As soon as I found out about this (they called me and threatened me) I closed my account and filed a harassment complaint with the police.
I thought you closed your account the day you found out about the corporate policy? Which is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts