Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
I'm guessing it applies to 7N6 as well, although they probably have double coverage under 'anti-Russian import' laws.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The ATF is considering a ban on a certain type of AR15 ammo. It isn't an outright ban on all AR15 ammo, just the M885, which I have never owned or have even shot. I understand about that slippery slope but let's not go around freaking out.

All of these headlines (and thread titles) without quantification, are going to freak out a lot of people and drive up the price of regular .223 and 5.56 ammo.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The ATF is considering a ban on a certain type of AR15 ammo. It isn't an outright ban on all AR15 ammo, just the M885, which I have never owned or have even shot. I understand about that slippery slope but let's not go around freaking out.

All of these headlines (and thread titles) without quantification, are going to freak out a lot of people and drive up the price of regular .223 and 5.56 ammo.
M855 is quite literally the second most popular AR-15 round currently on the market.

Many, many people prefer this as their "go to," general purpose round.

I agree, it's not an all out ban on 5.56, but it would be the largest outright ammo ban in history.

·
Registered
495 Posts
M855 is quite literally the second most popular AR-15 round currently on the market.

Many, many people prefer this as their "go to," general purpose round.

I agree, it's not an all out ban on 5.56, but it would be the largest outright ammo ban in history.
Thanks for the clarification but I've never shot it nor have I seen it on store shelves or online at most ammo suppliers, at least the ones I go to. This type of ammo is new to me and even though I own an AR15, I don't do as much shooting as I would like to.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,648 Posts
Eventually, the BATFE is going to piss off enough gun owners that they're going to start getting the same kind of non-compliance that the recent New York anti-gun laws have received. At that point, they're going to have to decide whether to back down or back it up with force.

At some point, gun owners are going to say "Enough is enough!"

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Thanks for the clarification but I've never shot it nor have I seen it on store shelves or online at most ammo suppliers, at least the ones I go to. This type of ammo is new to me and even though I own an AR15, I don't do as much shooting as I would like to.
who cares what you've shot before?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think the most important aspect of this ban idea is that they don't see it fit for "sporting purposes". the second amendment isn't about SPORT. The second amendment is about our right to eliminate our government should it cease to serve us. Millitary and LEO wear body armor and carry "assault weapons" with 30 round mags. Ergo we the people have a right to own body armor, ammo that can defeat body armor, and "assault weapons" with 30 round mags.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the most important aspect of this ban idea is that they don't see it fit for "sporting purposes". the second amendment isn't about SPORT. The second amendment is about our right to eliminate our government should it cease to serve us. Millitary and LEO wear body armor and carry "assault weapons" with 30 round mags. Ergo we the people have a right to own body armor, ammo that can defeat body armor, and "assault weapons" with 30 round mags.
Bingo. Can you imagine the implications of the BATFE setting the criteria for "sporting" to eventually include potential bans on all magazine or clip fed long arms? Their shifting ATF stance on even the recent arm braces makes me also suspect more back door attempts at gun control before this administration finally gets tossed into the dustbin of history. Taken alone, some will say a move like banning M855 isn't much and not to panic. But that fails to take into account the possibility of further overreach by an administration that has already advocated for gun control.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,517 Posts
For the NFA weapons collectors among us, how long before ATF decides that only "sporting ammunition for sporting guns" (a two-part test) gets an exception to the rules about explosives. All that FMJ range ammo in your machinegun, or that normal shotshell ammo (birdshot, buckshot, or slug) in your "Destructive Device" (non sporting shotgun with a bore over .50 cal), COULD BE CLASSIFIED as "EXPLOSIVES" in and of themselves, which means they can only be sold by licensed explosives dealers, only stored in approved magazines (meaning strong rooms or walk-in safes-- fire resistant and burglary resistant), only transported in vehicles that are placarded and don't travel in populated areas, etc.

Congress needs to take a big stick of common sense and beat the fecal excrement out of ATF. Gut their budget, make them fire 20% of their staff, and pass several new laws REVOKING any implied delegation of authority to expand the scope of federal regulation on small arms or ammo beyond what was common and accepted industry practice as of the time any statutory law was passed. In other words, stop ATF from re-interpreting laws to make them stricter. Leave that to Congress itself.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
.30/round last night. Free market at work.
I couldn't find any more online and picked up 300 rounds at Walmart for their normal high price. Then I found some online for cheaper than Walmart, but still pricey. I can still find brass m193 for under .30/round but I wanted a stockpile of m855 anyway.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've got 300 rounds of it... And that will probably last me forever since I can only shoot it outdoors and I rarely if ever shoot outdoors. No plans to buy more. I would like some more fusion msr 62gr though.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts