Bass Pro and NRA Basic Handgun Course-FREE...maybe

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by thebugman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. thebugman

thebugman New Member

About three months ago I sent an e-mail to the Discover Mills Bass Pro requesting a NRA Basic Handgun course that is being offered at their Clevland location for free. I never got a response. Today I saw on PDO that the course is being offered at least two more times in the next three months for free in the same Cleveland location. So I called, seeing that nobody felt that it was important enough to reply. This time the info was given to the person who can make it happen, and I think a few more e-mails to her may help show that there is interest beyond myself.

E-Mail LCavalli@basspro.com

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

They do not have a firing range, do they?

3. thebugman

thebugman New Member

They can always sponsor it, and have any range time required for the course at a location that has one. Do they have a range in Cleveland?

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Bass Pro

I'm New to this forum but enjoy having one with Georgia members as we have so many loose end laws.

I live about 10 mimutes from there! On PDO forum some of us expressed the same desire. I would gladly attend, even bring my fiance, who has never shot a gun before. I am glad to see you are getting somewhere with Bass Pro. I have sent emails in teh past to their Discover Mills location and no response!

There is a range not far from there in Lawrenceville. I have not been there yet. Probably about 10 minutes from Bass Pro or less.

Let me know what I can do to help. :D

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

my email.............

Ms. Cavalli,

I understand another person has already contacted you in regards to the above class offered at another Bass Pro location in Cleveland. I know many other memebers of the community would think very highly and enjoy this sort of class offered at your Bass Pro location. There is a range in Lawrenceville within 10 minutes of that facility at Discover Mills Shopping Center. I know enjoy your store there and bring many of my firends to get a wide range of things. Please do whatever you can to make this class happen. I have emailed your store manager in the past and never heard back. I am sure there would be a very good turnout for the event.

6. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Sharky,
    I want this course to happen as well. I would attend, but I really want my wife to take the course. She is cool with me having guns, but wants to be more comfortable with them before she carries one. I think that is a great idea, and I rally want someone other than me to teach her.

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

What is the PDO forum?

8. thebugman

thebugman New Member

www.packing.org

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Bugman,

I heard back from Laura at Bass Pro and they are looking into it. I informed ehr with all the bills being proposed gun ownership was a popular subject and if they take the step forward and offer the classes it would bring in potential customers. The kind that are responsible and spend money! Not to mention make them a sort of model for other merchants in the same line of business...

Mine is the same way abut guns. She is actually pretty happy I carry after moving here from California. After seeing what is really out there she agrees. Now to get her more involved which is a slow unforced process.

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Thanks

11. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Looks like we got through.

Bass Pro has apparently set up a class. I don't have all the details yet, but here is the e-mail I rec'd today. I hope it is free like the class offered in Cleveland, OH.
    I checked their site, and the info has not been posted yet. Maybe in the morning.

12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I'm In!!!

I have to check my other email and see if Laura sent the same to me as well.

Looking forward to it.

13. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Here is the info.

14. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I will give em a call this morning. Should be interesting to see what and how things are presented and heck, for free.

15. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Free is defenitely good. Funny thing about this is I PAID for another course for me and my wife, and while I was sitting in the class my phone vibrated notifying me of an e-mail. When I read the e-mail, it was about the class at Bass Pro! Figures.

16. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Man isn't it always that way!

17. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Class is set for April 1st. Yes its a general safety course, no shooting happening. However I just received an email from the girl hosting this at the Sugar Loaf lolcation in Gwinnett and they so far have 8 people signed up. Class can hold 25 she said. If they can get a decent turnout they will continue more classes. If not its probably gonna get axed.

If anybody can make it class if free on April 1st at 2 pm at the Bass Pro at Discover Mills.

Suppoert for this class may lead to others hosted by Bass. Not many locations up here will do this, and this may be great for people in this area so we dont have to drive far for classes.

Spread the word......

18. thebugman

thebugman New Member

I have several more that may be interested. I will start working them.

19. thebugman

thebugman New Member

April 1, 2006
    Firearms Safety for the Family
    If you're thinking about owning a gun or if you have one you're not comfortable using, then this class is for YOU! Gun safety in the home, in the field, and on the range will be discussed with various types of guns on hand to study (unloaded of course!!!).

Since space is limited for this FREE class, pre-registration is required by calling (678) 847-5502. For safety reasons, please do not bring your own firearms. This class does not fill any hunter education requirements. No firing of guns will take place. All ages are welcome. This class will
    start promptly at 2:00 pm in our seminar room. Hope to see you there!

20. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Class was today. Hope some of you were able to take advantage of this free course, or sent some friends or family. I had a few people there, even though I am at work today.