Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Barrow County Sheriff's Office is still doing the open range day?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
From the Barrow County Sheriff's Web site
http://barrowsheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=68

Gun Range Information

Address: 1059 Briscoe Mill Road, Bethlehem, GA 30620
Contact: [email protected] e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Phone: 770-307-3080 x 3970

The Barrow County Sheriff's Office public range will re-open on March 5, 2011 from the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

There is a $10.00 fee for use of the facilities per person. No fully automatic weapons allowed. For any other questions please call or email the BCSO Training Division.

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
Yep - still closed. I hope they DO actually re-open this year. We had some good turn outs and they were making a couple of dollars for range improvements so I hope to do. Last time they closed for "winter" they didn't open back up for nearly 2 years. Of course they had a Sheriff change and budget restraints so maybe it will be different this time!

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
They are working on a 200 yard rifle range but is not complete. They will allow ar rifles but they give preference to handgun shooters first.

·
Registered
760 Posts
does this mean other types of rifles are NOT permitted???
TheLaw said:
They will allow ar rifles but they give preference to handgun shooters first.

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
turbo said:
does this mean other types of rifles are NOT permitted???
TheLaw said:
They will allow ar rifles but they give preference to handgun shooters first.
No. Many resident's come here to scope in their rifles for hunting season. I mentioned AR specifically because I know Melissa just bought an AR.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
madcapmagician said:
Does anyone know if the Barrow County Sheriff's Department is still doing the open range day?
The Barrow County Sheriff's OFFICE suspended the public range days for the winter months. I talked to their range staff this past week, and they told me that they are planning to start it back up in March; however, there may be changes in the fees and hours. I have absolutely no information on what the changes may be other than that changes are under consideration.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Was thinking about checking it out this month since I haven't been out shooting in a while. I'm assuming it's this Sat since it's the first Sat of the month?

Anyone else planning on going? I'm assuming they'll be ok with a AR style rifle, PLR-16, etc if I'm willing to shoot at handgun distances? Got a few new toys I haven't had a chance to try yet and just wanted to function check them if nothing else.

Take care

·
Registered
227 Posts
I plan on attending, getting there early and hopefully getting back out before it turns really hot. With highs expected in the low-mid 90's, I'm not too keen to be outside after 10:30 or so. Probably going to have a friend tagging along who is new to shooting. We'll probably be shooting my collection of Glocks, and I'll be sporting my Georgia Carry hat.

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
My son has All Star baseball games all weekend. We have to be at the park at 8 AM so I won't be able to make it this weekend. If you can make it, please do since they need participation to be up if they are to keep the range open.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's that weekend again. I've invited 3-4 friends to come out and shoot with me, hopefully they'll all make it. I'm looking forward to trying out the 10" Ruger Mk II I picked up yesterday, and most of my friends have new acquisitions from the last few weeks to try out as well. Hope to see some of you there!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great time this morning, it was just my four friends and I for most of the morning. When we left, a few others showed up, but it looked like pretty light turnout this month. A shame, since it was dry, and the overcast conditions made it much more comfortable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts