1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highlights:

I asked, "Am I being arrested officer?"

Sgt. Mucci: "No, you'd be in cuffs by now."

I asked, "Am I being detained officer?"

Sgt. Mucci: "No, but if you don't come with us, there'll be something very bad."
me:"I'm Chris, what's your name?"

no reply...

Sgt. Mucci: "What's your last name?"

me:"I don't see how that's relevant to our discussion. I'm Chris."

Sgt. Mucci: "I don't know what your problem is, or what agenda you're pushing, but there are dozens of kids, and this is a playground."

I replied, "I've never had a problem in Barnes & Noble and it was my understanding that company police as well as the law allowed me to carry here. So what's this about? I'm open carrying which is legal, and I'm not breaking any laws."

Sgt. Mucci: "The manager asked us to remove you from the store, and you're not allowed back in unless you disarm."
me: "Did you ask these officers to remove me from the building?"

Stephanie: "No, I called the officers and asked them to make sure everything was legal and alright and do whatever they had to do."

me: "So you didn't ask them to tell me to leave?"

Stephanie: "No, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay."
me to Sgt. Mucci: "Management didn't ask me to leave, why was I removed?"
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/3671.html

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can it be that you are not being detained if something "very bad" is going to happen to you?

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sgt. Mucci: "I don't care what was said, I have a problem with you carrying here, tonight."

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
I just read this thread over there. :x

It seems like the cops are making a counter push against open carry in Virginia. :roll:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Obviously it's bullsh!t. Cops don't have the right to enforce anything that isn't a law. Aren't there own personal feelings, not to lead them in decisons or forcing people to comply.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
If the store manager tells him he's welcome there, and the law says he can do it, who the hell is the cop to tell him otherwise?

What happens if you ask for a Sgt's supervisor?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
If the store manager tells him he's welcome there, and the law says he can do it, who the hell is the cop to tell him otherwise?

What happens if you ask for a Sgt's supervisor?
"Something very bad!"

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I'd also like to know where in the statue it gives the police officer the right to kick this guy off of the private property after the manager said he was welcome.

If anyone can refresh my memory on that, it would be appreciated.

:wink:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Something tells me things are gonna get a lot uglier in VA before it gets better. You can almost smell the fight from here.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
AV8R said:
Something tells me things are gonna get a lot uglier in VA before it gets better. You can almost smell the fight from here.
:?:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
It just seems that things are coming to head over there. Not sure if it's orchestrated or just random OC harassment.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
What is going on in Virginia?!
The VT shooting has freaked everyone out and someones gonna get shot and/maced, or tased for legally open carrying before the hysteria is over. Just wait.

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GAGunOwner said:
It seems like the cops are making a counter push against open carry in Virginia.
It'll happen in Georgia, too, if it becomes common enough. And they have more tools here to push their wait around than do LEOs in Virginia.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts