Banning of Semi Auto weapons

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Daniel8mm, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

Are we going to allow Joe to ban everything and force buybacks, is there a pathway through the state legislature to prevent such an act and is it something we should wait till it happens to be outraged or get in front and push our representatives to enact prevention

2. Harhib

Harhib Active Member

Prevention before reaction, anything that can be done legally to keep this from ever happening is the way to go. I’m not sure what that would be at this point but then again I’m not a lawyer or a politician. Just a concerned citizen.

Daniel8mm likes this.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I think the State authorities could refuse to cooperate with federal law-enforcement agents in enforcing a federal gun ban, but that would just grow the scope and power of the federal government. They would hire more ATF agents, more prosecutors, schedule more trial dates for the US District Court, and handle this business while the State stands on the sidelines.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

State authorities didn't really enforce the former assault weapons ban. It's just not something states do, and they arguably have no power to do so.

Phil1979 likes this.
  5. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

I can say from experience, in NY where Bloomberg has funded the disarmament laws, there are no removable magazines, any semi automatic must have fixed magazines, 10 round max in rifles, technically 7 round max in handguns which is impossible to enforce, all handguns must be registered, any pre Semi auto rifle ban must be registered, the window for renewing gets smaller every year, the cost of said handgun permit is high and virtually impossible to get and takes 12-24 months to get, these are the laws that democrats want throughout

6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

7. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  9. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

That is law in NY safe storage laws, they dont verify but because of registration if your firearm is stolen and used your civilly responsible to the state costs and all families involved it’s actually a ridiculous law it almost eliminates criminal responsibility im sure you can imagine

10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

It appears you are describing state laws in NY. My post was that states do not enforce federal laws.

Daniel8mm, 45_Fan and Archangel like this.
  11. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

FWIW a couple years ago Paulding Co. where I live declared itself a 2A sanctuary. What that means is up for debate. I'm sure it will apply to any new gun control measure but I have yet to build a machine gun in my garage to test their resolve.

Daniel8mm likes this.
  12. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

You could always try carrying your handgun without a license into school or courthouse where Paulding County S/O deputies are and see if they are enforcing said 2A sanctuary passed by the county commission.

A. McClure, blind_shake and mb90535im like this.
  13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol:

The emperor has no clothes.

14. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

The fact that I have to pay $77.50 to renew my GWCL says everything I need to know. Not holding my breath. Lol

15. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Given the current makeup of SCOTUS, a semi-auto ban would only hasten a strict scrutiny ruling. If there were some secret disarmament cabal, that would run counter to their goal.

16. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

They're not secret about it at all. They are openly going for anything they think they can get away with.

blind_shake and TimBob like this.