Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't read this until today, but I think it is similar to the GCO v MARTA suit, gonzalez suit in WI, and the suit in Springfield MA where the lawyer carried. Armed people eating in a public restaurant are guilty of disorderly conduct when they refuse to identify themselves. PA is an open carry State and there is no shall identify statute.

Order

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
In addition, with respect to plaintiff Banks, defendants found the following facts significant: he refused to explain why the group was gathered as they were....
So, in PA you're no longer able to freely associate with (openly armed) friends while eating in a restaurant? Reading later:
Specifically, the officers argue they considered the presence of fearful calls to 911 by other patrons, multiple concealed and non-concealed firearms in a public restaurant during business hours which was odd, novel, and, indeed, suspicious. It also presented a potentially dangerous situation, particularly where, as here, children were present.
:panic:
PA Law specifies one must show the police officer the CCL upon a lawful request. Georgia has no such language with the GWL.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
smn said:
In addition, with respect to plaintiff Banks, defendants found the following facts significant: he refused to explain why the group was gathered as they were....
So, in PA you're no longer able to freely associate with (openly armed) friends while eating in a restaurant? Reading later:
[quote:p8n0gnj3]Specifically, the officers argue they considered the presence of fearful calls to 911 by other patrons, multiple concealed and non-concealed firearms in a public restaurant during business hours which was odd, novel, and, indeed, suspicious. It also presented a potentially dangerous situation, particularly where, as here, children were present.
:panic:
PA Law specifies one must show the police officer the CCL upon a lawful request. Georgia has no such language with the GWL.[/quote:p8n0gnj3]

iirc the guy "Banks" was OCing?? and you dont need a LTCF to carry openly or unless youre in Philly....i bet this will be appealed if they are ruled against this involved a lot of PAFOA members

1 - 3 of 3 Posts