Banks County-- 1 Week Turnaround!!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by FoggyMtn, May 10, 2007.

1. FoggyMtn

FoggyMtn New Member

Just a quick note... I applied last Wed and recieved my permit yesterday. To me, that's a phenominal turn around time!! Who'd a thunk it?? :)

Rob

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Foggy,

Very fast :shock:

Log into this link to update your county info http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl2.php?id=5&submit=Go go to new applicant.

See you have been a member for sometime and this is your first post, check out new members and intro yourself. Good people here, helpful and knowledgable.

Also check out GCO, link at the bottom of the page.

3. Dan H

Dan H New Member

:shock: Unbelievable

I called to check on mine yesterday and no one has a clue (Its been 71 days - Fulton Co.). The lady didnt know what to tell me and all that she could say is that the wait used to be 6 months and now its 3. I reminded her of the 60 day law and she assured me I would have it in a couple weeks. I really wonder where the Gov't finds some of these employees and wonder even more who trains/teaches them their jobs...

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

1 week?!

Is that not some kind of record?

5. FoggyMtn

FoggyMtn New Member

I thought it sounded quick... but I didn't know it was THAT fast!?!!? I went over last wed (in the afternoon, to boot), and got the permit yesterday in the mail. I had to laugh, hand addressed evelope, with a permit.... no letter, no "instructions", just a laminated card.

But, to be fair, the application did say it could take 3 to 6 months to receive the GFL. I was hoping it would be sooner than that, but I had no idea it would be this quick!

I guess I was just "pre-approved"! :)

rob

6. merlock

merlock New Member

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think the record is in the 3-5 days range

8. Dan H

Dan H New Member

71 days, still waiting.................. :(

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

only 94 days left....

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

And thats if everything goes smoothly :wink:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nope. I think that belongs to Oconee County (which ought to get some sort of award).

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congratulations! :righton:

13. merlock

merlock New Member

Oh, BTW, foggy...

Congrats! =D>