Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[URL=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0 said:
FoxNews.com[/URL]]Bank Robber Shot Dead Inside Bank of America in Fulton County, Georgia
FULTON COUNTY, Georgia â€" Authorities are investigating a fatal shooting and bank robbery that occurred this morning inside a Bank of America in Fulton County, Georgia.

Police confirmed that two male suspects entered the bank and attempted to rob it. One of the perpetrators was reportedly shot and killed by a bank security officer at the scene. The second suspect, who escaped in a gray-colored Jeep Cherokee, is still at large.

Authorities have not yet confirmed if others were injured at the time of the incident.
EDIT: UPDATED STORY

[URL=http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4663166&version=10&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1 said:
Fox5[/URL]]Police: Suspect Killed in Atlanta-Area Bank Robbery
Two suspects remain at large.
Last Edited: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2007, 3:03 PM EDT
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

RIVERDALE, Ga. (AP) -- A suspected bank robber was killed by a security guard in a shooting Wednesday south of Atlanta, and police said two suspects remain at large.

Fulton County Police Captain Brian Weaver said the guard shot the armed suspect just after the man had robbed the bank and was trying to exit with some money around 11:15 a.m.

The robber collapsed, bleeding, just outside the front door of the Bank of America branch bank office which sits in the parking lot of a Riverdale shopping center.

Weaver said that just before the shooting, a customer alerted bank officials about suspicious activity in the parking lot. The other two suspects are believed to have been waiting outside the bank in a smoke gray Jeep Cherokee. They fled the scene.

Police said no one else inside the bank was injured. They have not released the name of the dead man or the security guard. Police are interviewing the guard.

Weaver said they believe the guard acted appropriately.

The bank is in southern Fulton County near the Clayton county line.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
isn't that the same bank/company that likes to post these

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Re: Bank Robber Shot Dead Inside Bank of America in Fulton C

VOLGRAD said:
Police confirmed that two male suspects entered the bank and attempted to rob it. One of the perpetrators was reportedly shot and killed by a bank security officer at the scene.
GOOD

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I remember when I was very young every bank we went into had a uniformed, armed, police officer or gaurd.

Maybe it was just the "hood" I grew up in.....Just kidding....

·
Registered
37 Posts
wsb-tv news chopper

Had live video of a dead perp on the noon news today. He was shot by a guard inside the bank and croaked while running out the door.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: wsb-tv news chopper

albundy said:
Had live video of a dead perp on the noon news today. He was shot by a guard inside the bank and croaked while running out the door.
:-({|=

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

albundy said:
Sort of like when you shoot a deer.........they keep running for a while......

·
16,485 Posts

VOLGRAD said:
albundy said:
Pshh. It was clearly the invisible death rays they have running through the door.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
slabertooch said:
Actually no, I believe B of A is open to it, someone correct me if I am wrong...

Too bad they suck in all other areas...

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Yea, I saw this story about noon today on the news. Crazy stuff. They mentioned a second suspect and that they were looking for a grayish Jeep Cherokee. Not sure if that ended up being true. If it was, I wonder if he was ever caught.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Dan H said:
slabertooch said:
Actually no, I believe B of A is open to it, someone correct me if I am wrong...

Too bad they suck in all other areas...
So the robber should have hit a BB&T instead? :lol:

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I caught two seconds of a cop drama show last night and there was a crime scene somewhere and the LEOs were doing their investigation. They talked to the "armed" guard and he handed over his "weapon" to them to look at. It wasn't real. He said they wouldn't let him carry a real gun because they were afraid of getting sued if he actually shot someone. I thought this was hilarious but sadly true.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
I caught two seconds of a cop drama show last night and there was a crime scene somewhere and the LEOs were doing their investigation. They talked to the "armed" guard and he handed over his "weapon" to them to look at. It wasn't real. He said they wouldn't let him carry a real gun because they were afraid of getting sued if he actually shot someone. I thought this was hilarious but sadly true.
I dont think I could take a job with a fake gun. Being in a uniform like that guy is a bullseye. Wearing what looks like a gun is an invitation for bad guys.

Sad how companies think...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Wow... just wow...

·
Registered
633 Posts

VOLGRAD said:
albundy said:
Kind of like the sniper shirts that say "Don't run. You'll just die tired."

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Sharky said:
VOLGRAD said:
I dont think I could take a job with a fake gun. Being in a uniform like that guy is a bullseye. Wearing what looks like a gun is an invitation for bad guys.

Sad how companies think...
Yeah, I stopped doing that when I quit playing cops and robbers with my cap guns.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts