Bank Robber Ignores "No Guns" Sign

Discussion in 'In the News' started by EagleEye920, May 4, 2006.

1. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

This caught my attention because today was the first day in about 4 years that I have actually stepped foot into a bank :) I love the Internet ;) I walked into the local wachovia (not the one robbed ;)) to get some documentation for an old account and as I walked in, I saw a tiny 2x2 "No Guns" sticker. Do all wachovia's have this tiny little sticker?

Anyway, I saw this story and thought to myself, "Hey wait a second! That guy can't rob that bank! They probably have a "No Guns" sticker like the one I walked into." :roll:

If someone in the bank had been armed, would force have been justified since this is a forcible felony? What are your thoughts?

Here's the link:
    are those Raybans?

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=79441

2. Recon4Life2

Recon4Life2 New Member

I would think so, since you can not tell his mindset and if he WOULD actually hurt anyone or not.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Wachovia has a corporate policy of no firearms. I think if you find a Wachovia without a sticker it is just that one location (sticker fell off/pro gun manager).

I wonder if you saved a tellers life would they still ask you to leave for carrying?

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Forcible felony does not have much to do with the question, given that he showed up with a gun and the picture shows him pointing it at a teller and threatening her with ventilation.

Are you asking whether one is legally justified in shooting an armed robber who is pointing a gun?

:lol:

This isn't England . . .