Bank of America

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Nemo, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If you deal with them, I recommend you reconsider that business decision.

Nemo

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/10/bank-america-cuts-gun-companies-make-military-styl/

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I dumped them 12 years ago for very good reasons. Simple problem, relating to an estate I was handling, but no branch managers would resolve it, well none of the 9 I tried before #10 got it done.

3. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Georgia Code Title 10. Commerce and Trade § 10-1-439.2

Unless otherwise precluded by law, regulation, or membership eligibility, it shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice for any person to refuse to provide financial services of any kind to, to refrain from continuing to provide existing financial services to, to terminate existing financial services with, or to otherwise discriminate in the provision of financial services against a person or trade association solely because such person or trade association is engaged in the lawful commerce of firearms or ammunition products and is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 of Title 18 of the United States Code or is a trade association.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Yes, but no one has taken on PayPal over that law and I believe BoA is both larger and has a significantly bigger business footprint in GA.

5. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I'd rephrase it to simply say that, 'Collectively, banks and lenders will openly discriminate against certain types of business because we can.'

I read an article recently where a teachers union was pushing hard on Wells Fargo to stop working with firearms-related businesses or the teachers union was going to pull all of their accounts from the bank and encourage all of their members to not have private accounts with them either.

You have to hand it to the liberals - if they can't get gun laws passed, they will use ever other mean possible to choke out gun ownership.

6. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Soon we will have a comprehensive list of who to do business with. By "we" I mean repubs and dems.

7. Nemo

Regarding the Teachers Union.

Nemo

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/...rgo-boycott-nra-business-and-loans-gun-safety

8. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

9. 1911

1911 Member

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons

Just saying. I am in the money management business. I wouldn't invest in the industry since management makes poor decisions.

I think BAC is just playing with the press releases. They will loan money to any credit worthy borrower. It's all BS.

10. johnski

johnski Active Member

Wasnt the 1990s north hollywood shootout started at a bank of america branch?

11. Nemo

Thats why they think guns are bad.

Nemo