Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl1|sec3_lnk1|178261

The off-duty Baltimore police detective got into an argument with somebody over a parking space.
I assume the cop was armed. I'm 95% sure of that, even though the article doesn't say so.
This was a detective with nearly 20 years' experience, including investigating major felonies and street-level crimes.
He would not be going around unarmed.

Yet some dude he was arguing with pulled out a rock or chunk of concrete or something like that and smacked him on the head with it, killing him.

LESSON TO LEARN: Carrying a gun doesn't mean you'll always win any confrontation you get involved in.
You can lose a fight, too. Either becuse the other guy is faster or tougher, or just due to back luck.
There's a lot to be said for avoiding confrontations, and not pushing the issue until a fight breaks out.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
gunsmoker said:
LESSON TO LEARN: Carrying a gun doesn't mean you'll always win any confrontation you get involved in.
You can lose a fight, too. Either becuse the other guy is faster or tougher, or just due to back luck.
There's a lot to be said for avoiding confrontations, and not pushing the issue until a fight breaks out.
Well said. :goodpost:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I assume the cop was armed. I'm 95% sure of that, even though the article doesn't say so.
This was a detective with nearly 20 years' experience, including investigating major felonies and street-level crimes.
He would not be going around unarmed.
You would be surprised...a lot of LEO's don't carry off duty. Another sad & senseless death :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
I guess the People's Republic of Maryland will now need to create a Rock Roster Board to review and approve which rocks may be owned and sold in the People's Republic. Also, Assault Rocks will be banned. After all, we can't have Public Safety Officials assaulted by those evil Assault Rocks, which only Government should have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts