bad situation in SC

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by legacy38, May 15, 2007.

1. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18677391/

LINCOLNVILLE, S.C. - Dozens of officers and bloodhounds from across the state searched for a law enforcement officer Tuesday who disappeared after a nighttime traffic stop, officials said. The officer’s cap, bullet casings and blood were found in a yard, and his empty cruiser was later found on fire.

“We will utilize every asset that we need to find this officer,†Capt. Mike Benton of the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office told The Post and Courier of Charleston Tuesday.

The officer, a state constable who works as a volunteer for the Lincolnville Police Department, had made a traffic stop about 10:30 p.m. Monday, Benton said.

“He cleared from the traffic stop, and about four minutes later, the sheriff’s office received a call that there were shots fired in the area,†Benton said. “We found a gun and blood.â€

A telephone message left with the sheriff’s office Tuesday seeking further comment was not immediately returned. Along highways near Lincolnville, electronic signs listed a fugitive alert and described a black Chevrolet Caprice leaving the scene.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division sent agents to help in the investigation, spokeswoman Kathryn Richardson said.

Constables assist law enforcement agencies and may carry firearms. They must complete a basic training course at a state technical college before they can be appointed by the governor. The missing constable’s name was not released.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

OMG that poor officer! I hope he is ok somewhere. That is horrible. I wonder if his cruiser had a dash cam?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wow

that is crazy

4. Sgt.B

Sgt.B New Member

Just 4 minutes after he cleared from a traffic stop, shots are fired.
    I hope there is more info than what is above and that this officer will be found and well!

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Are there any updates to this? Has the guy been found yet? That's really scary and sad. I posted before than one of my best buddies was murdered while on duty. That was almost 40 years ago and it still bothers me. He was doing a job, protecting me and the rest of the community from the type of scum that killed him. I'm pretty much against capital punishment, but I can make an exception for cop killers.

6. Taurus

Taurus New Member

I'd hope they had a dash cam and there has got to be crap load of evidence at that site and even in the burned up cruiser...I don't think it will take long to nail this guy......And when they do, I hope they draw and quarter his arse!

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The only update that I have seen was that a "person of interest" has been taken into custody.

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

9. Taurus

Taurus New Member

10. maddog

maddog New Member

It would have to be a fire proof one though... :lol:

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

.... :?...not really that funny....

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

update... they think they have found the body. no positive ID yet but seem to be pretty sure.

sooo sad...

13. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

it gets worse every day, people are just plane stupid!

14. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Would you be willing to tell that "joke" in front of his grandchildren?

15. maddog

maddog New Member

Please accept my appologies, I meant no disrespect for the LEO I was referring to the dash cam. I saw pics of the car on the news and it was toast, don't see what could possibly be recovered from it.

16. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

none taken , i knew what you were talking about, but then again we have to think of the children.

17. maddog

maddog New Member

Thx guns, I had just noticed legacy and ramm's comments and thought that my comment was misinterpreted ... I also went back to modify my original to try to clarify it better.