bad experinces with either OC or CC

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by rgaines1117, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rgaines1117

rgaines1117 Guest

i would just like everyone to talk about the ad times with OC or CC so everyone could learn from them, and maybe even prevent someone from being arrested or even worse losing their GFL

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

There's a 20+ page thread around here about it..I think it's in one of the GFL forums. In addition to that, there are several other threads. Probably want to read those.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you OC or CC? CC here 98% of the time. The only time I OC is for pure comfort and when I know I am not going to be in the public eye very much. To each their own regarding OC vs CC. I just prefer to leave the hassle factor behind by CCing rather than OCing most of the time. jmo

5. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

Had a few with the normals, but never with law enforcement.

I'm very routine-driven, and I shop at pretty much the same places all the time, so most folks know I'm "the gun store guy." Once, in Publix, I had a soccer mom ask me if my gun was real. I looked down and realized the mouth of the holster was sticking down below the hem of my jacket. I told her it was, and she yelled, "there's children in here!"

The retiree doing the bagging said, "then it's good somebody's got a gun." :)

I sometimes stop at a Racetrac after work that's not the most savory place to be after dark. I don't always bother to conceal, and a few times, I've heard someone mutter something under their breath about it. Of course, it's in meth country, so most times, those are exactly the kind of people I want knowing I'm armed.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

If you are arrested for legally carrying, be it open or concealed, then you have a whole new thread to start. And a lawsuit to open.

Knowing the law is part of the battle. If you OC, or even CC long enough, somebody will say something. The laws are right there... if it's not a prohibited place, you have a GFL, you are legal. Don't push the grey areas if you don't have to. Stick up for your rights and never be obnoxious or an ahole if you're questioned about open carry.

7. Claire

Claire New Member

Give that man a tip!

you must have been in acworth :lol:

8. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

LOL! That statement implies that cops aren't normal. I have to admit the label fits. :lol: :lol:

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Nah, he said it was Publix and those Nazis don't allow employees to take tips.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nazis? Beats a union Kroger any day.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yes!

What I mean is, I do both. I make sure to try and openly carry a pistol holstered in an outside the waistband holster at least two or three times a week in a public place.

More often in summer.

Less often in winter.

12. M249

M249 New Member

I OC most of the time. People overwhelmingly don't care or don't notice. Do what you're comfortable with. It's a personal choice.

Open Carrying is sort of like wearing spandex in public. Some can do it, some can't, and some shouldn't even think about it.

13. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Agreed.

14. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Be nice to Kroger guys. They are donating the turkeys for the GCO Turkey Shoot.

15. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

I CC, never OC. I have never been hassled, yelled at, whispered about (about having a gun, anyway), asked to leave an establishment, or otherwise had a problem...and I've been carrying for about 20 years, in several states.

16. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

That's my new sig line :D

17. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I most certainly carry CC in civilian clothing except for once in a while around the house and in the yard. Even then on two occasions I have had the police called once and the other time had a deputy sheriff stop me and tell me it was illegal. The one time I was really harassed I was CC but accidentally exposed the gun and spent several hours with no less that 8 police. No real trouble either time other than harassment. I do know someone that took a OC Carry gun out of a guys holster once in the mall and I have seen several occasions I could have done the same.

So seeing that I do not carry for a fashion statement, not to show I am a guy with a gun and for the tactical surprise of concealment I chose to CC.

18. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I CC most of the time but OC on occasion. No problems at all.

19. cripple

cripple New Member

I actually had a small unpleasantry last weekend.

I was OCing in home depot in cumming and everyone was fine and nice until I went to check out. I rolled up to the checkout and proceeded to pay. The cashier asked me what I had on my hip. Here goes:

Her: whats that on your hip?
    Me: a gun (I should have said, Glock 32...)
    Her: Hmm...what's it for?
    Me: (biting my tongue and with holding the obvious answer of "shooting nosey people in the arse")Its for protection and I am licensed to carry it
    Her: Protection from what?
    Me: The wheelchair makes me a target for badguys... and home depot employees (ok the last part I made up)
    Her: Why?
    Me: Umm..because I cannot walk...
    Her: Oh....

I had enough and made my way to the exit..she just kept glaring as I left.

20. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Oh my. If I had been behind you in line, I would've fallen on the floor laughing. Then I'd be laughing even harder if the cashier figured out what the metal *clunk* sound was when I hit the ground.