Awesome site and so happy to be a member!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by dblKfarm, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dblKfarm

dblKfarm New Member

Hello,just joind and wanted to say a huge thanks to all who got this site together!I am an Aussie transplant(been here nearly 10 yrs in the mountains of Nth Ga)and hubby is Arkansas country boy! We both love our guns and hunting etc (we ONLY shoot&kill what we are gonna consume,gotta love venison!) I have my shooters licence from Aus. and was wondering if anyone knew of where I could get info if I can get this transferred to GA rather than go thru whole process of applying etc for gun permit?I am re-checking the Aussie sites but they dont seem to have much info,so any advice or info would be greatly appreciated! Once again,thanks for a really informative and easy to navigate site,keep up the good work! Sincerely,Jean (dblKfarm)

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Thanks, and welcome.

You will have to go through the first time applicant process.

3. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Another thing to note is that if you are a citizen to bring your citizen papers with you to the probate court, they will ask to see them and I believe they photo copy them. If you are not a citizen call the probate court and ask what you will need to apply, they are usually pretty helpful.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You can find the probate court phone number in the "blue" pages in the very back of your phone book under county government. Do you mind sharing with us in what county you reside?

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Hey! That's even easier! I knew there was a reason I liked this site.

7. dblKfarm

dblKfarm New Member

I live in the most backward,most "have no idea about the law", county in GA!!! Sorry if I offend anyone, BUT, its Lumpkin county.....truly, if I had not have had first hand experience with interpretations of the law up here I wouldnt believe half the stuff that goes on here! Another good story or 2 or 3 for another day ....good for a laugh anyways! Regards, Jean, and many thanks for the advice !

8. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Applying for a permit here is relatively easy. Not sure what hoops they make you jump through Down Under, but even if they did allow you to transfer your Ausi license, it would likely be as much effort.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Your welcome. And I like reading that kind of story.