AWB Expiration Equals More Police Deaths

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19853442/

"The study did not examine how many of the police officers killed this year were shot with weapons that were legalized three years ago, but . . ."

But?

But we are going to make the claim, anyway!

:roll:

Who needs to study it, especially if you are afraid the facts will not come out your way? Better to just assert it with confidence and then attack in ad hominem fashion anybody who questions your conclusions by smearing them as an obvious anti-LEO type.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Line of duty deaths have been up this year, but I don't see any feasible or valid way they can be linked to the AWB sunset.

4. M249

M249 New Member

:rotfl:

Yeah, I'm afraid of Tec-9's. I'm afraid that if I pull the trigger it will go "click."

Yes, like the dreaded .223, which some folks claim is too under-powered to use on two-legged critters. Most commonly used for shooting rabbits, coyotes, and Jihadis.

Automatic? Yes, let's lie. I'm sure he meant semi-auto, but those have been around for about 100 years or so, haven't they? I think criminals have been hip to 'em for a while.

It's a damn shame that LEO deaths are up. They have families that they want to get home to just the same as I do, and the more that are killed or injured, the more likely the rest of them are going to step up the aggressiveness factor. I've already had one LEO draw down on me, I don't want it to be a common occurence.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yes, like the dreaded .223, which some folks claim is too under-powered to use on two-legged critters. Most commonly used for shooting rabbits, coyotes, and Jihadis.

Automatic? Yes, let's lie. I'm sure he meant semi-auto, but those have been around for about 100 years or so, haven't they? I think criminals have been hip to 'em for a while.

It's a damn shame that LEO deaths are up. They have families that they want to get home to just the same as I do, and the more that are killed or injured, the more likely the rest of them are going to step up the aggressiveness factor. I've already had one LEO draw down on me, I don't want it to be a common occurence.[/quote:7gfvouqo]

Got a story you wanna share? Is it posted somewhere already?

6. merlock

merlock New Member

It's a damn shame that LEO deaths are up. They have families that they want to get home to just the same as I do, and the more that are killed or injured, the more likely the rest of them are going to step up the aggressiveness factor. I've already had one LEO draw down on me, I don't want it to be a common occurence.[/quote:2m3o86ot]

Got a story you wanna share? Is it posted somewhere already?[/quote:2m3o86ot]
    +1
    Inquiring minds want to know.

7. M249

M249 New Member

OK. This was many years ago, when I first moved to the great state of Georgia from Louisiana...

My roommate and I, being poor transplants, lived in a pretty crappy apartment community on Windy Hill Road in Marietta. His car was broken into twice in six months. Anywho, this occurred after the second burglary, and prior to the repair of his smashed window.

My roommate, his friend, and I are stopped at a red light on Windy Ridge Parkway and a Cobb Co. police officer pulls up beside us and shows obvious interest in the broken window. My roommie looks back at me, and says, "We're getting pulled over."

Light turns green, and we continue on our way to get some very cheap, and pretty terrible, Chinese food, and the officer, as expected, pulls in behind us. Right when we're pulling in to the Chinese buffet, the blueberries come on. No problem, we expected the officer to pull us over, roomie is grabbing lic., ins., and reg., and everyone was calm cool and collected... right up to the point where the officer opens his door and draws on us.

Now, this freaks my roommate out. He gets pulled over a lot--young black male, Honda Prelude, cornrows, baggy clothes--but he's never had an officer pull his sidearm and draw down on him. Oh boy...

R: "What the :censored:?", very loudly.
    O: "Put your hands on the wheel."
    Roomie complies.
    R: "What the :censored:, man, why are you pointing that gun at me?" in same loud voice.
    O: "Who's car is this?"
    R: "It's my car, now would you please stop pointing that gun at me..."
    More officers arrive, weapons drawn...
    Me: Holy :censored:, this is crazy!
    <things>

As I'm getting ready to get out, the officer leans in the car and asks, "Are you all right?" Eh, I'd like to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but the department really needs to work on "tact" in that situation. I understand that I was the only white guy in a car with two black guys, but a more tactful officer would have asked everyone if they are ok, not just the pale person, so that he or she did not appear to be a bigot. Perception is everything. Officer is pretty cool, explains why he pulled us over, and we say we understand, but all three of us express our displeasure at having a weapon aimed at us.

Anyway, if :censored: criminals would stop shooting at LEOs, then LEOs wouldn't have to be in "combat mode" on every traffic stop. Any time you draw a weapon, there is a chance a bullet will exit the barrel, and I don't want to be looking at the business end of a firearm when that happens.

8. merlock

merlock New Member

:bigshock: That's fracked up. :evil:

Glad it didn't go any further.

9. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

I agree totally... if there are no officers, then how are they going to get killed?

10. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Chris Rock has published a very good guide on what not to do when stopped by the police.

11. M249

M249 New Member

Yeah, but when someone points a firearm at you, your reptilian brain over-rides some of your common sense. As I mentioned, the LEO was pretty cool in the end, but having a weapon pointed at you when you're not used to it is a a little unnerving.

I wasn't as stressed as he was, but I've had an M60 and a 25mm Bushmaster shot over my head. :minigun:

12. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

He prolly got a nice chat with the SGT shortly after going 10-8.

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I believe so, I think the 1911 started being used around 1911. :wink:

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You totally should have said:

"I was bad touched and I need an adult!"

15. M249

M249 New Member

:rotfl:

I'm going to keep that one in the mental rolodex. Have you received your USP? :)

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl2: