Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching and can't seem to find an answer. If someone is a paraplegic in GA and wants to retrofit a car so that it can be driven, is there a special inspection process the car would need to pass? Specialized vehicles tend to be exceedingly expensive and I think I have come up with a method that I can use to convert a conventional automatic vehicle to be able to be controlled safely and reliably. I'm just interested in what kind of legal issues I might encounter and my google fu is failing me for this topic.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Years ago there was a company in Norcross, GA called Handicaps Mobility Services, owned by a man named Mike Weeks. He built vans for handicapped people. I am not sure if he is still in business or not, but you might try to search him out.

Shepherd Center has a adapted driving services department IIRC. You might contact them.

shepherd.org, go to Patient Programs, then Outpatient Clinics.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Years ago there was a company in Norcross, GA called Handicaps Mobility Services, owned by a man named Mike Weeks. He built vans for handicapped people. I am not sure if he is still in business or not, but you might try to search him out.

Shepherd Center has a adapted driving services department IIRC. You might contact them.

shepherd.org, go to Patient Programs, then Outpatient Clinics.
The only problem is most of those kind of companies charge five to six thousand dollars from what I have seen. What I plan on doing shouldn't cost more that four hundred all in for quality components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts