Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by gunsmoker, Jun 18, 2020.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben's rice will soon be discontinued.

Cross them off your shopping list-- they won't be on the store shelves anymore.
    Our politically correct society has decided this will be the latest way in which companies suffering from white guilt can kiss the rumps of black Americans.

Meanwhile, on the average day in America, 20 blacks are murdered. Dead.
    Gone.
    90-95% of them killed by other blacks.

I hope that getting the images of Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben off of food packages at the supermarket help save black lives!

I'm crossing my fingers that this works.

(Look out Mr. Clean, you confident Caucasian in your spotless white clothes.
    They're coming for you next.)

------------ Citations ---------

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/business/aunt-jemima-mrs-butterworth-uncle-ben.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/uncle-ben-s-change-its-branding-part-parent-company-s-n1231329

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2019/12/22/the-need-to-discuss-black-on-black-crime/

Theyfish14 and Jonathan Freeman like this.
  2. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I find it ironic that these brands are owned by the QUAKER Oat Company. I don't like QUAKER...it sounds racist. They must change that name too as I am offended (and no, I don't have a good reason to be offended, you just have to take my word for it).

3. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

It's been many years now that U.S. squeaky wheel folks get the grease they want. Seems to create more noise instead of less.

4. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

So true. I fear what may come of Stone Mountain. :(

5. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

Actually it’s worse than this. If black lives matter, where then is the outrage over abortion? Where is the outrage over the fact that the majority of black people are never born?

<crickets>

You either care about people and believe they have intrinsic value or you don’t. Color shouldn’t enter into it and is a distraction to divide us. The hypocrisy of BLM is stunning and demonstrates that they don’t really believe black lives matter or they would decry they murder of their unborn. This is an excuse to take over society and control what images are allowed to appear on my rice boxes or syrup in an Orwellian scheme.

As Babylon Bee (which recently seems less satire and more truth) puts it:
    IMG_7165.jpg

https://babylonbee.com/news/activis...ng-sure-pop-culture-depicts-only-white-people

6. wee

wee Active Member

OT....There is a nice little trick with the land-O-lakes lable.

Brian

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Rebranded, not discontinued.

8. Dan

Dan Stuck in New England

I remember when I was little my dad showed me the knees trick.

9. moe mensale

10. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

11. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

The mascots are discontinued. And they were real people. Check out the wiki on Nancy Green (aunt J) She was a really interesting and successful person.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

She's dead, so this has no effect on her, and she was not the mascot, she played the mascot. There were others after her. Before her, there was just the brand name, and it was not taken from a real person at all (and certainly not based on Nancy Green, otherwise it would have been Aunt Nancy pancakes). It was taken from a song in a traveling minstrel show and whites in black face, the Aunt Jemima character in such shows being commonplace decades before the pancake mix.

Nancy Green made money off of it, which is great for her, but the Aunt Jemima character is not based on her. Rather, she was hired to play it. The Aunt Jemima character existed prior to the pancake mix and prior to Nancy Green being hired to play mascot.

I think it's silly that they are changing the brand, but I also hate to see folks on the internet twisting history.

13. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

It's another way of saying "cracker".

They should rename Cracker Jacks. I find it offensive.

14. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Rename Cracker Barrell to Saltine Barrell.

15. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

Ok fine. One more Babylon Bee...

IMG_7168.jpg

Alfadude, TimBob and Schweisshund like this.
  16. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

How about the many cases where crackers are presented as square?! [​IMG]

17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

How horrible is it the pharmaceutical companies expect black people to pick the cotton [out of pill bottles]?
    Yet that's the degrading and humiliating choice African Americans face when they're sick and their medication comes in a plastic bottle with the pills held down by a big wad of cotton-- either pick the cotton and get well, or hold onto your dignity, don't pick the cotton, and be denied the healthcare whites take for granted.
    91C1D341-89B6-48F3-BE3D-E20CFED9703C.jpeg

Alfadude and OWM like this.
  18. moe mensale

I guess Mrs. Butterworth will also fall to the mob soon.

[​IMG]