Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I carry at the game or is it considered a public gathering?

Thanks.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,838 Posts
GA doesnt have a public gathering law anymore...as long as they arent a school team or playing on school property your gtg

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
tsickspeed said:

Thanks.
Have you been living under a rock? :lol:

First read the provisions of Senate Bill-308, which killed "public gathering" restrictions, among other things, and secondly join "GeorgiaCarry.org", the very organization that won it for you. There's more to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CountryGun said:
tsickspeed said:

Thanks.
Have you been living under a rock? :lol:

First read the provisions of Senate Bill-308, which killed "public gathering" restrictions, among other things, and secondly join "GeorgiaCarry.org", the very organization that won it for you. There's more to do.
I apologize, I am decently new to GA carry'ing. I was 80% sure of it but could not remember from which bill. And I knew it would get a fast response here. But thank you for the clarification.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
What in the heck is a public gathering?!??!?! :shattered: :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We need to get an open carry dinner/rally for the CSRA to educate our local restaurants/LEOs. Most events have been around NW Georgia/Atlanta area. We need something in the Augusta area too. I am a SC resident born in Augusta, but have a non resident permit to carry in your state.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
bedkad said:
We need to get an open carry dinner/rally for the CSRA to educate our local restaurants/LEOs. Most events have been around NW Georgia/Atlanta area. We need something in the Augusta area too. I am a SC resident born in Augusta, but have a non resident permit to carry in your state.
Golden Corral, and Sunrise Grill are both carry friendly,...............last I checked. Pick a date and I'll likely be there!..................or any place else you chose.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
CountryGun said:
bedkad said:
Golden Corral, and Sunrise Grill are both carry friendly,...............last I checked. Pick a date and I'll likely be there!..................or any place else you chose.
Man I have to get a wheel barrow ride out of the Golden Corral.

Im always up for some Chic-fil-a :righton:

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
bedkad said:
I am a SC resident born in Augusta, but have a non resident permit to carry in your state.
What state non-res. do you have?

Too bad SC won't let us Georgians do that. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pa non resident. Have OCd several times around Augusta with no problems as of yet. I would like to see it continue to be that way. However, I do not know how educated Richmond and Columbia LEOs actually are as a whole. I do know RCSD was fined for violating carriers 4th several years ago. Hopefully that sent a message. I think a few public gatherings in our area could increase awareness.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
CountryGun said:
bedkad said:
+1. Those events you see in the "NW Georgia/Atlanta area" are events that people who live in those areas plan. If you want a local event...plan one. Two places have been listed for you.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Sounds like "Chick-fil-A" is also an option. I'm up for anything, and just about anytime. Somebody call it!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Short notice, lunch say 1230, chic-fl-a near the target and best buy?

Edit: can't make today or tomorrow, a day next week?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts