Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Lawyer and Gun Activist
30,174 Posts
Justia.com, when giving you a response to a web browser search, always seems to default to showing you the 2010 Georgia code, but it offers you a link at the header of the page to show you the "2015 Georgia Code" instead. I always pick that one, if I'm not using the members-only service from the State Bar, Fastcase.

The 2015 version may not be the most current version either, but it's the most recent version that's easy to find for free on the web.

NOw, as to this Code section, does an audio-only recording of a conversation in which you are a participant even come within the scope of this law?
It does not seem so to me.
The language about "observation" and "record the activities" and "out of public VIEW" seems to say that it's visual images at issue here.

THE MORE ON-POINT LAW is Code section 16-11-66.

It says: (a) Nothing in Code Section 16-11-62 shall prohibit a person from intercepting a wire, oral, or electronic communication
where such person is a party to the communication
or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception.

So there ya go. Georgia is a one-party consent state as to ORAL communications--- things that are only audible, or verbal.

· Lawyer and Gun Activist
30,174 Posts
Falls, I was researching my response while you finished yours and posted first.

Good job !!

:righton:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.