Attention Kennesaw students

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by Jonas Salk, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

I have been contacted by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation about being interviewed regarding the Kennesaw gun law, as well as student opinions on carrying on campus. I spoke with the reporter and he would like a few students other than myself to give interviews with him. He will be in town Monday-Wednesday, but I have already scheduled the interview time at Monday 3pm-4:30ish.

If you are a student in the Kennesaw area, please contact me and we will meet up with the reporter and do the interview with him. Thanks.

This is a repost due to accidentally posting it in the national news the first time.

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

just dont be surprised if what you say is edited so badly that you're argument is null and void. I talked to a reporter once and that was the result.

3. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

I won't be surprised, but I don't expect it out of this guy.

4. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

My exgf posted up on facebook that she would be interviewed. I hope all goes well and it isnt super edited. Post a link to final product.

5. EmTea

EmTea New Member

I talked to a Canadian friend of mind and he said the French section of the CBC is generally more pleasant to deal with and don't do much of the turning your words around thing. Still, I'm a little skeptic about the whole thing. I'm going to try to be as reasonable and polite as possible. Maybe not try and fill his ears with a bunch of laws and house bills/senate bills, just reference the Constitution and maybe the Supreme Court's decision on the Chicago Handgun Ban.

6. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

Just got home from it. They want me to do a part 2 tomorrow showing bar carry. Weird, but I'll go along with it for the story. We tried tonight, but couldn't get in contact with the bar owner, so they rescheduled that portion to tomorrow evening sometime.

Overall I'd say it went quite well. If I had to criticize myself, I'd say that occasionally I delved too far into the minute details and the bills and such, but the way the questions were phrased, I thought it was needed.

EmTea was there, too, so he can present his take on it if he wants.

7. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

Eh? Meaning she was supposed to come with us, or she just thinks that she would agree to an interview if offered?

8. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

From the facebook post, she would have been with you.

9. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

No women were with us when we were interviewed and I'm afraid no one contacted me. I would have welcome greatly a female presence.

EDIT: Ah, I figured out who you're referring to. Unfortunately, she had to cancel and reschedule. Not sure if she was interviewed or not.