Attempted Robbery of Pizza Store Video

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 19, 2007.

1. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:eek: That's badass. I'm not sure I would be able to do that.

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

If the owner had used an ASP instead of the knife the guy wouldn't have run away. The cops would have found him crawling down the street instead.

3. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

If it had been one of my kitchen knives they would have found him right where he dropped...

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I'm not sure why, but I have an intense dislike, if not fear of knives. My fiancee thinks it's ironic that I have a love of firearms and no fear of them (other than being on the wrong end of one with ill intent).

I guess when it's life or death I'll use what's needed though.

5. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Is that a fear of knives in general, or only as it applies to offensive and defensive situations?

6. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I try to go everywhere with a gun as well as a knife. If I absolutley can not take a gun. I will definatly have a knife on me 100% of the time. Except where metal detectors and are secure areas ie: airport, court office.

I couldn't imagine being without my knife.

I was taught to be able to go one up in every situation. I know i'm going home everytime I go out, no questions asked. (I guess it's the Marine mindset)

7. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Won't play for me :x Goes to msn... But won't play.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Weird...works for me. I just tried it.

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Knives in general. As I have explained to my fiance, a gun takes intent action to be fired. If I drop my gun, I am not worried about getting shot. If I drop a knife, it may not be pretty.

I know it's not normal, but I've always been that way. Guns take human intervention, whereas knives that are open have an exposed blade which is different in my mind.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm so used to carrying a knife that NOT having one is weird.

I almost forgot to leave mine in the car when I had to go to a courthouse once. I got about ten feet from the building when my brain was like "NO KNIVES STUPID!" and had to go back to the car.

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

should have pulled a Jihad and beheaded the thief!

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Uh, oh. :shakehead: Now we have to move this thread to Rant & Rave. :lol: