Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Clueless
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link

A suspect in an Augusta robbery was shot and killed Sunday. Investigators say two men walked into the restaurant armed with crowbars and tried to rob it. They say one of the suspects hit a 14-year-old in the head with a crowbar during the attempted robbery. That’s when a female employee fired a gun at the suspects. One of the men was shot. He was brought to Augusta University Medical Center where he later died.

·
Clueless
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the event of a robbery, don't take things into your own hands

A Lieutenant with the Richmond County SO put out this statement:

"Always cooperate, stand back put your hands up, make sure they know you are no threat to them," says Lieutenant Allan Rollins. If you become the victim of a robbery, do not try anything out of the ordinary. You don't want to put yourself in any more danger. "Give them what they want, if they just want the cash register, let them have it. It's only money. Most important part is to remain calm, get all the information you can."

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
"Always cooperate, stand back put your hands up, make sure they know you are no threat to them," says Lieutenant Allan Rollins.
That right, get a photo if you can but the cops likely know who it is anyway.

They will go arrest them for 15 counts of armed robbery and plead those all out to 30 days in jail, all suspended on 6 months probation and payment of court costs.

That always teaches those bad guy not to do bad stuff. Besides the dead guy was just trying to turn his life around.

Nemo

·
Registered
9,360 Posts

"Always cooperate, stand back put your hands up, make sure they know you are no threat to them," says Lieutenant Allan Rollins. If you become the victim of a robbery, do not try anything out of the ordinary. You don't want to put yourself in any more danger. "Give them what they want, if they just want the cash register, let them have it. It's only money. Most important part is to remain calm, get all the information you can."
roughly translated, "stop threatening my job security"

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts

A holes said the same thing when I got armed robbed in Richmond county

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not real clear from the story but to me it appears the young man who got hit was doing they demanded. Yet he still got smacked. Now Lieutenant asshat comes along and says cooperate. Again I may be wrong but story reads as the kid did cooperate. So Lieutenant asshat what now?

·
69,784 Posts
"Give them what they want"
What if what they want is you?

Sorry, Lt. Allan Rollins, but I choose to ignore your advice. Let's face it. YOU ignore your advice, too, hypocrite.

·
American
3,289 Posts
I'd have shot him too if he did what they say he did here:
"During an attempted robbery at the Subway on Gordon Highway, deputies say a restaurant employee shot and killed one of the suspects, Cornelius Harrison, after one of the suspects hit her fourteen-year-old child with a crowbar."

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not real clear from the story but to me it appears the young man who got hit was doing they demanded. Yet he still got smacked. Now Lieutenant asshat comes along and says cooperate. Again I may be wrong but story reads as the kid did cooperate. So Lieutenant asshat what now?
In my local county, I can recall two instances where the convenience store clerks handed over the money, then the robbers shot and killed those clerks.
Maybe robbers don't want to leave eyewitnesses?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Once you realize you're not in control, and they can do whatever they want to you once you cooperate, you realize if it feels wrong, it doesn't matter what you do, you're going to get hurt or shot anyway, you realize that you have nothing left to lose to fight back.

That's what happened to me.

Turns out after they were caught, Detectives said they admitted it was a gang initiation and they had to kill us in order to get into the gang.

I made the right choice, sometimes your gut tells you something and you should listen and it was right.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
What if what they want is you?

Sorry, Lt. Allan Rollins, but I choose to ignore your advice. Let's face it. YOU ignore your advice, too, hypocrite.
Most statist are hypocrites. Good point. You see in his mind, he and his highly trained officers are the only ones professional enough to defend themselves with a firearm.

Pride is a pain in the butt.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Why don't law enforcement officers who live in la-la land such as Lieutenant Allan Rollins understand that complying with a criminal's demands does not guarantee you won't get hurt? I suppose they truly do understand, but the truth does not fit their agenda to keep citizens compliant little victims dependent on those with badges and guns.

The Subway clerk who shot the perp that hit her son in the head with a crowbar did excellent work. Anyone threatening my child with a weapon will quickly take enough bullets to make them a non-threat.

Let me state here that I will not be a compliant victim. I will appear to comply only until I can fight back, and I will fight back without warning and to the fullest extent needed to protect myself and my loved ones.

When will Moms Demand Action demand common sense crowbar violence laws?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I wish these LEOs would just shut up. You aren't an expert on personal defense. You aren't an expert on de-escalation (that isn't to say they don't receive *some* training in the subject but you are NOT a SME on it). Your job is to enforce the law. Do that and just that. Your opinion is as welcome as some Hollywood douche bag telling me *why* I should vote for a particular candidate. Your job is to act. Do that and just that, otherwise just SHUT THE F* UP.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is obviously made up.

If MDA taught me anything it's that a firearm in the hands of a woman will only be taken from her and used against her by her aggressor.

It's impossible for them to defend themselves as this story suggests.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Why don't law enforcement officers who live in la-la land such as Lieutenant Allan Rollins understand that complying with a criminal's demands does not guarantee you won't get hurt? I suppose they truly do understand, but the truth does not fit their agenda to keep citizens compliant little victims dependent on those with badges and guns.

The Subway clerk who shot the perp that hit her son in the head with a crowbar did excellent work. Anyone threatening my child with a weapon will quickly take enough bullets to make them a non-threat.

Let me state here that I will not be a compliant victim. I will appear to comply only until I can fight back, and I will fight back without warning and to the fullest extent needed to protect myself and my loved ones.

When will Moms Demand Action demand common sense crowbar violence laws?
That's what I did, I was compliant until I could be violent. Plus, I realized they were going to kill us and none of us were getting out alive.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
I wish these LEOs would just shut up. You aren't an expert on personal defense. You aren't an expert on de-escalation (that isn't to say they don't receive *some* training in the subject but you are NOT a SME on it). Your job is to enforce the law. Do that and just that. Your opinion is as welcome as some Hollywood douche bag telling me *why* I should vote for a particular candidate. Your job is to act. Do that and just that, otherwise just SHUT THE F* UP.
Worse, sheeple listen to cops because "authority."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts