Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the following from VCDL:

I just got word that there may be an attempt to slip a magazine ban similar to the one proposed by anti-gun Congresswoman Caroline McCarthy into a normally benign Federal Aviation Administration bill using an amendment in the U.S. Senate.

They can't really "sneak" it on without a vote on the amendment and therein lies our defense against it.

I contacted Senator Warner's and Senator Webb's office and they confirmed that they have gotten phone calls on this issue this morning from concerned constituents. They say nothing is on the docket for *today* and they can't yet confirm the validity of the rumor, but they are working on doing so.

Either way, we need to play this safe and flood both offices with calls letting both Senator Warner and Senator Webb know that magazine bans are not acceptable and to please oppose any effort to impose such a ban in any way.

Call Senator Jim Webb's office at: 202-224-4024

Call Senator Mark Warner's office at: 202-224-2023

Let's Roll!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This is a tit for tat response from the Dems for the Repubs trying to put health care repeal in with the same FAA bill.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Average White Band. Are they still around?

·
Registered
73 Posts
someone correct me if i'm wrong, since I wasn't born at the time, but isn't that how we lost fully automatic weapons?

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
markopolo311 said:
someone correct me if i'm wrong, since I wasn't born at the time, but isn't that how we lost fully automatic weapons?
Nah, AWB was 1994, the Hughes amendment on FOPA in 1986 was MGs.
AWB sunset in 2004 when nobody had the political capital to burn trying to renew it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah, I thought the Hughes amendment was snuck in at the last minute or something underhanded like that.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
markopolo311 said:
yeah, I thought the Hughes amendment was snuck in at the last minute or something underhanded like that.
Yeah it was. The purpose was to poison the generally pro-gun FOPA. The NRA and Reagan didn't think it poisoned the bill enough and made it law.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts
Same way we lost fully automatic weapons back in '86. Don't think it can't happen. Those Dems play dirty to get what they want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts