Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More of the war on cash

"There's Chaos Everywhere" - Indians Angry As ATMs Run Dry After Cash Ban

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...ere-indians-angry-atms-run-dry-after-cash-ban
India’s banks have been caught out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s unexpected and widely-praised announcement late on Tuesday of the withdrawal of 500-rupee and 1,000-rupee notes, part of a crackdown on tax evasion and the underground economy.

Tempers frayed as hundreds of thousands of people queued for hours outside banks for a third day to swap 500 and 1,000 rupee bank notes after the notes were abolished earlier in the week.​
The banned bills made up more than 80 percent of the currency in circulation, leaving millions of people without cash and threatening to bring much of the cash-driven economy to a halt.
Much of India's rural economy is powered by cash, with few people regularly using a bank account.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Big Brother governments would love to go to a cashless society, so all transfers of funds can be recorded, audited, and used as evidence later if something illegal's going on.
And it sure would make it easy for the party in power to oppress minority groups ( political, geographical, racial, whatever kind of groups they might be).

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Yes, this is how they want to control everyone, and continue to take away more of our freedoms. Its another nail in the coffin. Too bad they will never be able to completely control everything because of Barter and other things.

They can of course destroy the economy and that will hurt everyone and then they can further destroy our rights because we'll all be powerless to do anything about it. When you're worried about your next meal, it is hard to think about doing anything other than finding food.

Poor people are also easier to oppress and control, so the government loves poor people, the more the better.

When they finally get cash in this country it will be indeed be a sad day, but I don't see it happening my life time, hopefully.

·
69,784 Posts
The US already banned 500 and 1000 bills. 100 is the highest you can get. It makes even $15,000 hard to carry.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
The US already banned 500 and 1000 bills. 100 is the highest you can get. It makes even $15,000 hard to carry.
If you get pulled over with that cash in your car, it is getting seized.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
If it's such a small amount why would they want to ban it?

Doesn't make sense for the reasons they listed
It does not have to make sense. Once we go cashless, the elites rule and your labor is worth nothing.

Keep doing debit transactions. It is the path to slavery.

I work hard everyday to make sure everyone in N. GA has access to cash on their whim.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
It does not have to make sense. Once we go cashless, the elites rule and your labor is worth nothing.

I work hard everyday to make sure everyone in N. GA has access to cash on their whim.
Correct, sense doesn't matter. Its all about control from the political elites.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Why are you discriminating against your brothers and sisters in the rest of the state? :mrgreen:

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Why are you discriminating against your brothers and sisters in the rest of the state? :mrgreen:
I'm not. I have worked everywhere in this state. From Savannah/Brunswick to Bainbridge, to Columbus, to Lookout Mtn, to the top of Amicalola Falls, to GA guidestones, and back down through Augusta and all points in between. :righton:

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I'm not. I have worked everywhere in this state. From Savannah/Brunswick to Bainbridge, to Columbus, to Lookout Mtn, to the top of Amicalola Falls, to GA guidestones, and back down through Augusta and all points in between. :righton:
Your thoughtfulness is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts

Back to scrip i guess?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts