Atlanta zoo and aquarium

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Warp, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Warp

Warp New Member

If there is no "public event", they should be, unless publicly owned, correct?

Who owns them?

Are either/both of them off limits?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

AFAIK both are off limits.

3. Warp

Warp New Member

Why oh why did I agree to move to Georiga?

Hate to say it, but plans do not call for living there very long...for a few reasons...this being the top of the list.

However...why do you believe they are off limits? As far as I can tell the aquarium, at least, is not a publicly owned building...and if you can just go to the aquarium without going to a specific event being held at it...legal?

Your state's laws SUCK!!!!

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've heard that you have to go through a magnetometer before allowed entrance to the Georgia Aquarium.

And I believe that the Atlanta Zoo is publicly owned, but I am not 100% on that.

Yeah, the laws do suck, but that's why we have GCO working to fix them.

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

I don't know about the Zoo, but the aquarium is off-limits because alcohol is served for on site consumption inside. I also hear that they wand people before they enter, so I think you would have a hard enough time carrying as it is.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Even in Indiana private owners can set their own rules and check for weapons, Warp.

I am not sure why the Zoo would be off limits.

Who owns it?

If it is publicly owned, then the buildings would be off limits.

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Zoo: I don't know.

Aquarium: They have metal detectors. It would be hard (but not impossible) to get past them with a gun. They don't even let the police in with guns. It's not crime to carry there, they just are exercising their rights as property owners.

8. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I don't care how many whales they have at the Aquarium, I will never see it. You should have been there several years ago the LAST time I took my kids to Six Flags and I had a gun....talk about drama...

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Oh, do tell.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Yeah! :D Sounds potentially entertaining.

11. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I will tell it one day..I don't have time right now...it was a sight to see

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Do you think the metal detectors at the aqaurium would pick up a small metalic item? Something the size of... oh, a fishing hook? :twisted:

13. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

There actually is a sign prohibiting fishing gear.

I went with my grandson in a stroller and my mom in a wheel chair. Neither was required to get up and be wanded or anything. Needless to say, a lot more than a fishing hook could have gone in with either one of them.

14. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

My spear gun and trotlines won't make it thru then...

15. tony218

tony218 New Member

something i thought was ironic is they won't let you fish
    there but they sell fish sandwiches at the food court.

16. Warp

Warp New Member

It never carries the weight of law. I don't have to worry about whether or not a freaking zoo or aquarium is off limits.

I LEGALLY carry in places that would be off limits in Georgia about ten times a week right now...sometimes more.

You cannot even BEGIN to compare our laws with those of GA.

17. Malum Prohibitum

It does not here, either.

18. Warp

Warp New Member

It does not here, either.[/quote:1ix5fztc]

My view: It doesn't need to, because there is a very good chance that it is (or might be, and who wants to be test case?) off limits anway.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It is not so much that it is off limits by law (well it is b/c of the alcohol), rather off limits because of the security they have in place that would make taking in a weapon very hard.

20. Warp

Warp New Member

It is illegal to carry any deadly weapon there.

Are you saying that one should completely ignore the law and not worry about what is and is not off limits? That might not look so good if one has to use their ILLEGAL weapon in self defense...

It is off limits and it should not be...like most other places in the state of Georgia...I don't see how anybody can argue with my statement that Georgia carry laws SUCK.