Atlanta police officer arrested for hitting girlfriend

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by TippinTaco, Oct 23, 2010.

1. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atlanta-police-officer-arrested-688399.htmlwow.... :sly: So this is the type of people that the APD wants to keep in the ranks?.. Oh wait so you may say HEY MAN it was only once!!! Hold ur horses:

Should any officer be rehired after violating department rules 13 times? This guy was a ticking time bomb..

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

You're totally going to get banned for this.

3. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

The short answer is NO!

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

5. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

[​IMG]

Barney would not approve.

They don't need crap like this, too many good cops looking for a job.

6. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

Bashing of this type should not be tolerated. No one should comment until the peace officer is convicted and his appeals are final.

7. Deek

Deek Active Member

I agree. Let the man have his trial, if the evidence proves to convict him beyond all reasonable doubt, then there is an obvious issue to be taken up with this department and officer.

News articles are not the same as an accurate report on the facts, I would say they are far from it. Every one of us knows this is true, how many times have we seen a news story involving an "automatic pistol"/"fully automatic pistol"/"assault rifle"/"armor piercing bullets" (aka any rifle round) and react with disgust.

I expect better of you guys.

8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Those 18 yr old girlfriends, though completely legal, are a big risk.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Does this website (GeorgiaPacking) have a policy about when it's OK to bash cops in general, just based on some cop somewhere doing something bad, that has nothing to do with guns, gun control, etc?

Sure, it's OFF-TOPIC. And it's posted here in the "off topic" section. But I think it's unnecessary and makes us look bad.

The time to bring up police misconduct is when it becomes immediately and obviously relevant, such as responding to some police chief who might publicy oppose expanding citizens' gun rights, if that Chief says something like, "We're the only ones professional enough to have guns." Or "You don't have to worry about us, we're trained, and civilians aren't."

But this kind of post, just repeating something you saw in the news about a cop getting in trouble with the law, makes us look like cops are the enemies of freedom and the adversaries of gun-rights people like us. I don't see cops that way, and most of the GeorgiaPacking.Org people don't either.

10. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

:goodpost:

This thread should disappear....

11. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Bash away, this fool gives all leos a bad name

12. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I agree and would go further. Bashing cops who alegedly beat their girlfriends makes gun owners look bad, period. Cops are good people and there is a good explaination as to why the cop allegedly beat his girlfriend. I trust him with a gun and everyone here should give the alleged girlfriend beater the benefit of the doubt too.

13. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

As you get older, you see just how much damage a false accusation can do. Especially in these politically correct times. It's the seriousness of the accusation you know...

14. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

lol why? Because this LEO has been fired once and rehired for misconduct within the ranks THEN after slamming a woman into the ground during a parking violation, where the city settled out of court for $350,000? I didn't bash this dood. He did it to himself and anyone here that claims that I'm just bashing him without cause.. give me a break.. LEA don't settle out of court when they feel that their officer was in the right and the perp in the wrong.

EDITED: I read your post again and figured I edit this because my rant was off topic. This article is important just as is our right on gun control. It's officers like this that may possibly be off their rocker just enough to shoot someone then try to cover it up later, or be involved in an incident that invovles taking another persons life. Why WOULD ANY OF US ever want to see a LEO like this one keep his job after the issues he has had inside the LEA? Articles like this help those who read on the outside about issues that are happening on the inside. Yes its an article, but no its not bashing this guy. He cant defend himself when he has been diciplined 13 times on misconduct and then caused his department $350,000 on a settlement for mishandling a woman during a parking violation. I usually stand beside your posts man but this one I can't. We have a role to play with Georgia Carry and we have LEO's here on this forum, but I personally wont water down an issue thats becoming more of an issue with just more than PRO-2A's. This article just like the ones listed in Encounters connect the dots witht he issues that we face on a daily basis, it may not be you or me, or the next guy, but someone in the pecking order will have an encounter with this officer that may end up bad for him or her.

I agree. Let the man have his trial, if the evidence proves to convict him beyond all reasonable doubt, then there is an obvious issue to be taken up with this department and officer.

News articles are not the same as an accurate report on the facts, I would say they are far from it. Every one of us knows this is true, how many times have we seen a news story involving an "automatic pistol"/"fully automatic pistol"/"assault rifle"/"armor piercing bullets" (aka any rifle round) and react with disgust.I expect better of you guys.[/quote]If you read the article he isn't the best regulation abiding office on the force... 13 misconducts? Fired once for misconduct and rehired, settled out of court for $350,000 because he slammed a woman into the ground because of a parking violation?

I know I keep saying the ame stuff over and over again but if you think this guy deservs to serve and protect, then I need to move else where. The guys record speak for itself.

EDIt: I'm pretty sure if you read the link MountainPass posted, I'm not the only person here that "bashed" this LEO. I cant wait to see if you guys re-edit your posts :shattered:

15. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

Good bye.
    His record of a peace keeper is well documented and the fact that he has a job goes to show how good of a police officer he is. He would never be allowed near a police car, uniform, or gun, if anything of things said about him in the 12 previous incidents were true. I happen to believe that Georgia needs more officers like this man.

16. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

I hope this is your idea of sarcasim. If not :screwy:

17. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

I remember that case. Quite a history this guys has. I can still see the video in my mind. :screwy:
    Anyone know what the other 12 violations of policy were?

18. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

19. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

Is she still with him, "by the grace of God"? If she supported me like that I'd pick up a 18 yo girlfriend too.

20. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Yeah I think I will have an 18 year old girlfriend (I'm 44) that I can pop a few times a week and brake the rules 13 times. Sounds sweet!
    :screwy: