Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"... In an exclusive interview with Philips, the passenger in the car said members of the Red Dog unit pulled over his friend's vehicle and forced the driver, Shawn Venegas, to pull down his pants on the side of the road in broad daylight. He says officers conducted a body cavity search for drugs on Venegas. No drugs were ever found, passenger Brian Kidd said.
Read more at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

I'd like to know the circumstances under which the individual were stopped. I'm a bit overdue for my prostrate exam, but...... that's not who I want conducting it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm afraid i'm throwing the BS flag on this one...

They went to his bottom part. That’s as low as you can go. I don’t think anybody should be subjected to that kind of search,†Kidd said. “I had to look away because I couldn’t watch my friend be done like that.â€
This is not a body cavity search....sounds more like a modified strip search, and NO it should not be done on the side of the road. If doing anything more than a Terry, then you'd either have to have permission, or be under arrest. Still this is NOT a body cavity search..

Venegas said he was so traumatized by the incident that he moved to another state.
Yea..uh-huh...riiiight...

If this were true, I would be picking out my new house that would be bought with the settlement.

However all this being said, if this IS true, even the pulling down the pants part, then umm yeah the officers should be held accountable, and there should be three new openings at APD.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
This might well do in the Red Dog Unit.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
GooberTim said:
Where did the name "Red Dog" come from?
Running Every Drug Dealer Out of Georgia.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
GooberTim said:
Where did the name "Red Dog" come from?
Running Every Drug Dealer Out of Georgia.
It should be:

REDDOGS

Running Every Drug Dealer Out of Georgia Sodomized

I agree with the above. Pull this technique with me, I would be purchasing my brand new house and paying with cash. you betcha ;)

Best part of the article:
“The Atlanta Police Department expects its officers to be truthful at all times, to follow all policies and procedures and to follow all of the local, state and federal laws they are sworn to uphold. Failure to do so will not be tolerated," Campos said.
Expecting them to do so and them actually doing so is two different things. that statement above is the paragraph the lawyers give LEA's to protect them in lawsuits ;)

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts

So "aggressive police presence" means forcing someone to drop trousers on the street at gun point? Or by "aggressive police presence" do they mean TSA-style molestations?

“The Atlanta Police Department expects its officers to be truthful at all times, to follow all policies and procedures and to follow all of the local, state and federal laws they are sworn to uphold. Failure to do so will not be tolerated," Campos said.
Which APD policy are they carrying out? I'm pretty sure there's no local, state or federal law requiring an officer to pull someone out of their car at gun point, make them drop their pants and then molest them.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
In the past, I've seen Legacy repeatedly state that Georgia peace and law enforcement officers are bound by OCGA 16-3-21 the same as everyone else is. How does this fall under that? Or does APD policy override State law?
I think this is where the "cop and little people" rule come into play.

I'm pretty much ready to give any APD brass I see an earful after the whole Atlanta Eagle thing. I'm glad I don't pay their taxes.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
In the past, I've seen Legacy repeatedly state that Georgia peace and law enforcement officers are bound by OCGA 16-3-21 the same as everyone else is. How does this fall under that? Or does APD policy override State law?
How are you getting from a search to deadly force?

I'm just not seeing that leap or I am not understanding what you are asking.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
legacy38 said:
CoffeeMate said:

I think he's more or less going along the rule that many people including some police have that they can point a gun at anyone (no requirement of an unlawful threat to life or forcible felony going on) and they can search what they want if they pull you over.

Case in point I got into an argument about concealed carry and the entire extent of the argument she could make was "your not the LAW!!!".

There are many exceptions for police carved out in the law. Pointing guns at people and searching their vehicles however have certain limits, as you well know.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
fleetdoc23 said:

They went to his bottom part. That’s as low as you can go. I don’t think anybody should be subjected to that kind of search,†Kidd said. “I had to look away because I couldn’t watch my friend be done like that.â€
This is not a body cavity search....sounds more like a modified strip search, and NO it should not be done on the side of the road. If doing anything more than a Terry, then you'd either have to have permission, or be under arrest. Still this is NOT a body cavity search..

[quote:vouxqh74]Venegas said he was so traumatized by the incident that he moved to another state.

If this were true, I would be picking out my new house that would be bought with the settlement.

However all this being said, if this IS true, even the pulling down the pants part, then umm yeah the officers should be held accountable, and there should be three new openings at APD.[/quote:vouxqh74]

Yeah, this has got to be :bsflag: How many of us here if we were law enforcement would be thrilled to stick our finger up some thugs butt? The Red dog folks would rather have shot him first. This is just :bsflag: :bsflag: LEO's are already brought to task enough on this board for their misconduct, as well should be, without this bull made up stuff intended only to create hatred. You'll never convince me that this story has any credibility whatsoever!!!!

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
MyFred said:
fleetdoc23 said:

[quote:27p0thyh]Venegas said he was so traumatized by the incident that he moved to another state.

However all this being said, if this IS true, even the pulling down the pants part, then umm yeah the officers should be held accountable, and there should be three new openings at APD.
Yeah, this has got to be :bsflag: How many of us here if we were law enforcement would be thrilled to stick our finger up some thugs butt? The Red dog folks would rather have shot him first. This is just :bsflag: :bsflag: LEO's are already brought to task enough on this board for their misconduct, as well should be, without this bull made up stuff intended only to create hatred. You'll never convince me that this story has any credibility whatsoever!!!![/quote:27p0thyh]

You think every person thinks like you? There might just be some people (LEOs included) that would like to do this for humiliation or sexual purposes.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
legacy38 said:
CoffeeMate said:

The report says one of the officers dragged the driver from the car with his gun drawn.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
Thank goodness not everyone does think like me. If they did, I would not have any fun on this forum at all....:) however, if there was PC to stop these guys, then they could have been arrested and searched at the jail. Most of what this story comprises is statements from what appears to be shady characters at best....kinda' like the squealy pig and all....

·
Registered
509 Posts
MyFred said:
Thank goodness not everyone does think like me. If they did, I would not have any fun on this forum at all....:) however, if there was PC to stop these guys, then they could have been arrested and searched at the jail. Most of what this story comprises is statements from what appears to be shady characters at best....kinda' like the squealy pig and all....
shady? from the report, it sounds like 2-guys had their rights violated and now THEY are the shady ones? :screwy:

sure, this is all we have to go on. but no way will i give a cop a free pass because he has a badge. get real! if anything they should be held to a higher standard and should have to prove they didn't do it! video is so cheap... why not record it? i'll tell you why... because they are creepy, slime-balls that should be strung up for being sexual abusers!

here's a crowbar... feel free to pull your lips apart and remove your mouth from their :cantsay:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The next phase in instrusive TSA searches:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts