Atlanta Greek Festival?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by GAGunOwner, Sep 24, 2010.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

If you don't go into the church are you fine?

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

IANAL...but the way i read the law only the actual house of worship is off limits and that is unconstitutional....just because of the church issue but i thought it was unconstitutional before the law change

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

They have "different" buildings from the actual "place of worship" but some are connected by a breezeway sort of thing/indoor bridge also other parts of the church are in the same building as the sanctuary but nowhere near the sanctuary. Since they are all connected, are they all off-limits or just the church part?

It seems like you could really only do half the festival legally armed, I suppose, outside (watch the dancing, eat, and listen to music but not go inside).

http://www.atlantagreekfestival.org/

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Upon further reading it appears that the church has a private preschool-K-1st grade school located there so...

:x :( :roll:

GA's laws really need a lot more work!

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Considering the food that's gonna be there, I'd chance a walk around without the pistol. :love: :love: :love:

6. jmanon

jmanon New Member

Yes, it is a private school, and they use the classrooms for the festival. I attend the church and take my kids to school there, and attend various other activities, like basketball games and other church-sponsored events. I leave my gun locked in the glovebox, even when attending something in one of the buildings that is not the church proper.

7. 84BravoJ8

84BravoJ8 Member

I live down the street from the Atlanta Greek Festival and if you just want to try the food, they have a drive through set up for that.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Are they pretty pro-gun? If the law were changed allowing church carry do you think they would still ban GWL holders carrying?

9. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

That makes an assumption that they feel they would need to have a policy either way.

A similar question would be whether or not they have a policy of requiring blue or black ink on all donation checks, or would they accept red, green, and purple as well?

In all seriousness though, if somebody feels strongly about it one way or the other, they will most likely post that policy in an obvious location. If they don't would we really want them to make a policy?