Atlanta Gas Station Shootout

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by MadisonCountyGa, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

Supposed to be according to "Everything Georgia".

The guy in the car who pulls out the gun doesn't seem to care that his "baby momma" (don't know ... might have been a prostitute for all I know) is in the car thus in the line of fire.

https://youtu.be/7pqCrldG2BU

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

BG shoots at BG. It's sort of like a dog-bites-man story.

3. phaed

phaed Active Member

according to a follow up video, it was self-defense. BG was killed. GG was let go. GG's girlfriend was shot in the arm but will be ok.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=959_1471988502

i recommend watching it before someone with some sense tells him to take it down.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

GG walks away, and even when confronted face to face tries to give the BG the chance to back down.

In the aftermath, GG is very emotional at having to shoot, and also regrets giving BG the chance to shoot at him because it got his girlfriend shot in the arm.

Although this was a rather explicit rant by the GG, it would not cause me to go against him if I was on his jury. I understand that humans are just human.

5. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

I think what caught my attention the most was that the video quality was so good for a gas station video.

I have seen so many similar surveillance videos, even as recent as 2016 that the video quality is so bad you have to wonder what 1978 video system they are using.

Hell, even the banks have really crappy video systems still to this day and attempts to ID the Perpetrator are nearly impossible due to the poor quality.

Never understood this.

6. Phil1979

Interesting, I didn't see the bad guy actually pull his gun until he was on the ground. And while on the ground it appeared he was racking a round at the same time he was begging not to be shot. He was just stalling. He could have left without shooting, but instead opened fire as he was moving away.

GG, at being threatened with being shot (even before the BG pulled it), shows his gun. If someone tells you, "I'm going to shoot you", or "Do you want me to shoot you?", and holds a bulge at their shirt, I believe that gives you the right to draw and tell them to keep their hands away from their gun.

7. Phil1979

I never understood it either. Good quality video is cheap.

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

:applause: At first, I thought it was some sort of drug deal gone wrong, hence BG vs. BG. Glad to be wrong on this one. The GG did good.

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Wow! Great video! Thanks so much for posting.

10. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

In the video you can see the bg has his hand on his pistol carried in his waistband about to pull it out on the driver. Typically know as "showing it". That's when the driver grabs his ak pistol.

Intrestingly, this may be the first time one of these Ak pistols has been used in self-defense.

AJC writer called it an "Assault-rifle style weapon", lol

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  11. ber950

ber950 Active Member

12. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

LOL. I'm still on GG side...

13. mdlott

mdlott Member

Nevermind, just noticed.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  14. Mrs_Esterhouse

Southwest Atlanta on Lee St.

15. Phil1979

Okay, where's the disconnect? Media is reporting the suspect got away, but the GG reported that he had killed him.

16. Don27

Don27 Member

BG doubled down on playing stupid games.

17. Mrs_Esterhouse

The news states the BG fled.

The GG states he killed the BG in the LiveLeak video.

Which is true?

18. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

When I initially watched the video I noticed how the GG was praying and spraying like he was in a bad action movie, the other guy was obviously on the move, not just from the initial movements, but from where the GG was aiming as well, the GG never looked down sights, and was just pulling the trigger and barely even you could say point shooting. Add that into how he was holding the firearm, and I think its fair to say he never hit jack crap.

Maybe people should start wearing bullet proof vest in the hood. As we have seen in this video, the girl who wasn't even part of the altercation was probably the only one hit in the whole shoot out. Sometimes you aren't even part of the drama and you catch a stray bullet.

I know this isn't like me, but I'm guessing the news is right and the BG wasn't even hit, and he surely didn't die.

19. phaed

phaed Active Member

if i were a betting man, i'd have to go with that.

20. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I have a couple of AK pistols. it is very difficult for me to shoot them accurately without a sling. With a single point sling I can push the pistol away from me which gives me a steady -relatively- platform and I can shoot very accurately.