Atlanta class - Utah CCW - Feb 24 - CLOSED TO NEW ENROLLMENT

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by amishbill, Feb 11, 2007.

1. amishbill

amishbill New Member

Well, it's taken me forever to get back to post this, but it's official.

My first UT CCW class will be held Feb 24. Start time is 11am. For travel planning purposes, it is 5 minutes from the intersection of Floyd and Nickajack roads in Mableton GA. (just South of the East/West Connector)

Some notes, guidelines, items of interest, etc.

This house has dogs. They will be excluded from the class area and I will clean up as best I can, but if you are allergic, please medicate yourself as appropriate before arriving.

Carry is welcome on the premises, but please, keep it in your pants. (or on your hip or under your shoulder or otherwise appropriately holstered) Show & Tell, gratiuitous fondling & comparisons, etc are fine on your time, but I don't want to spend my time worrying about stupid mistakes on my property.

Run time is approximately 3 hours. I'll pull a dry run and provide you wih a more exact time.

The class fee is $20. This is strictly a one time, first time rate. In exchange for this low rate, you should expect to be asked for feedback, suggestions, and ideas on how to improve the course content and delivery.

Parking is somewhat limited. Please be polite as you park in front my house and the neighbor's houses.

This course is not geared for, intended for, or compatible with children, youngsters, or those easily offended.

For specific directions, you can PM or email me AFTER posting here to commit to the class.

2. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

What are the advantages to having a non-resident permit from UT?

3. amishbill

amishbill New Member

It adds states to your legal carry capability in the same manner a FL non-resident permit does.

Packing.org has a nice License Tool that will illustrate the additional territory a UT permit will provide you.

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

1) Once we are cerified by you amishbill how long can we wait before we apply for the Utah license? Packing.org says that the license is $59 so I might have to wait before I can send that in to Utah. Basically, what I'm asking is, how long can I wait before I apply for the Utah license after being certified by you?

2) Where do we get the fingerprint cards? Do we need special cards? Do we just go to the courthouse and get a deputy to print us? Do you have/or will you have these fingerprint cards?

Thanks

5. amishbill

amishbill New Member

There is a six month window from date of instructor certification till expiration of the form.

Any standard police/government fingerprint card will work. In Cobb, you just go to the Sherrif's office, go downstairs and tell the nice lady that you need some fingerprint cards run. UT only requires one card, but whiole you're there you might as well have a few spares run off. I don't think they charge extra until you hit 5 or so, but you'll want to verify. Should you decide to buy a suppressor or do anything else that requires print cards, having them on hand will be nice.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I will take the class.

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Sign me up, too!

8. merlock

merlock New Member

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Count me in also !!!!

If anyone in Forsyth or N. Fulton is interested in a carpool let me know.

10. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Please add my name to the list. Thanks.

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Count me in. Also anyone in the Albany area that's interested in a car pool, let me know.

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Would love to do it but I'm already enrolled in a Advanced Hunters Education Instructor Course that same day. Hate to miss your good deal but this is a "once in a blue moon" course. Thanks for the offer.

13. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Wish I could be there, but a prior commitment with the Boy Scouts has me tied up (Shooting related High Adventure)!

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I confirm I will be there with $20 burning a hole in my pocket and maybe a packed lunch (is that ok?).

15. amishbill

amishbill New Member

I have been informed by a professional marketing type that a class starting at 11 means that I'll be covering lunch.

I informed her that this is not the case. We can break for a quick bite if the class thinks it's a good idea. If you want to bring something for yourself feel free. There is a fridge it can go in if refrigeration is needed.

ps - I'm looking into a better facility not too far away. When I know for certain I'll send the final info.

16. cmcinc

cmcinc New Member

Cant make it. Going to be cutting it to close to my wives due date. Please post again when/if you do another class. Thanks.

17. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Looking forward to it.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Roll call:

jrm
    Wiley
    ForeverInDebt
    (no credit cards)
    merlock
    Adam5