Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RK Shows is back at the Atlanta Farmers' Market for another event on October 30 and 31 - Come spend Halloween with us!

Please come help GCO increase our membership by volunteering at the recruitment table! (and it's lots of fun, too).

These shows are usually well attended, so we would like to have plenty of folks to man the table - at least 3 people per slot would be great!

The Farmers' Market is easy to get to - Exit 237 off of I-75, in Forest Park (map).

Please post, PM, or email to let us know what hours and days you are available -
Goldwing ([email protected]) or Teeter ([email protected]).

Thank You for helping make GCO the great organization that it is!

Code:
Atlanta Farmers' Market Exposition Center - October 30-31, 2010
(need AT LEAST two people per slot, prefer three)

Time              Saturday                               Sunday
================================================================================================
Setup             Goldwing,Teeter
All day           Goldwing or Teeter                     Teeter or Goldwing           
09-10             Georgmil,mark5019                      (closed until 10:00 am)
10-11             Georgmil,mark5019                      MLS4506,JJ
11-12             Georgmil,mark5019                      TreeCowboy,MLS4506,JJ
12-01             mark5019,gman                          TreeCowboy
01-02             Puffyfish,gman                         TreeCowboy
02-03             Puffyfish                              RT,TreeCowboy
03-04             Puffyfish                              RT
04-05             Puffyfish

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
1- close Sat. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Put me down for 12:00-2:00 on the 30th. Mike, sent you an email.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TreeCowboy said:
Please put me down for 11a till 3p on Sunday.
gman said:
Put me down for 12:00-2:00 on the 30th.
gman/TreeCowboy, got you down on the schedule for the requested times - thanks for taking the time and effort to help us out. See you next weekend,

Teeter

·
Registered
453 Posts
A couple questions about the RK Show.

1. What is the cost of admission? I see a exhibitor price but not an attendee price. I do see a coupon (http://www.rkshows.com/coupon.htm which makes me think it is not free.

2. I am looking for a iwb tuckable holster for my pistol. What should I expect to have to do to carry my firearm into the gun show to try out holsters? Should I zip tie it myself or will they want to do that at the door.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
XD9SC said:
A couple questions about the RK Show.

1. What is the cost of admission? I see a exhibitor price but not an attendee price. I do see a coupon (http://www.rkshows.com/coupon.htm which makes me think it is not free.

2. I am looking for a iwb tuckable holster for my pistol. What should I expect to have to do to carry my firearm into the gun show to try out holsters? Should I zip tie it myself or will they want to do that at the door.
its no more than 12 bucks to get in

and carry weapon in no mag nor ammo they will zip tie it for you

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mark5019 said:
its no more than 12 bucks to get in
$8 for the Farmers' Market shows (this one) and $12 for the big shows at the Atlanta EXPO Center.
mark5019 said:
carry weapon in no mag nor ammo they will zip tie it for you
Correct. If you're checking for a holster fit, ask Larry or Craig at the admission desk to cut the tie off and come with you; they'll re-zip it when you're through. They walk through the show visually checking weapons for zip-ties - I think it's a requirement of their insurance carrier.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MLS 4506 said:
mike,jane and i will see you sunday 10-12 :)
Thanks Mike, see you guys tomorrow morning.

ML

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
This was by far the worst gun show I have ever been ...Waste of time and money ...

NRA was trying so hard to sale me a membership and I told them NO I am with GCO!

Also the gun prices was nothing special nothing wow'ed me at all .The scopes didn't wow me and laser sights was to high , Ebay was 20-50 bucks cheaper .

I saw a OLD man with a rifle on his back carrying forsale sign, later I saw him outside with a Hispanic guy and the Hispanic guy asked what can I shoot with this thing . The old man replied (hick voice) you can shoot a deer , bear , buffalo , what ever . The Hispanic said ok, I saw them exchange cash and rifle .

WOW !!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tech5 said:
This was by far the worst gun show I have ever been ...Waste of time and money ...
It's not the worst I've ever been to, but the Atlanta EXPO Center shows (also sponsored by RK) seem to be much better attended by both vendors and buyers than the Farmers' Market shows.

Tech5 said:
Also the gun prices was nothing special nothing wow'ed me at all .The scopes didn't wow me and laser sights was to high.
I agree, there were no obvious bargains to be had today. Maybe tomorrow . . . I'll be back there working the G.C.O. recruiting table again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also didn't think the show was one of the best I've been to, but I did get something out of it. I finally signed up for GCO! I'm not sure who I talked to at the booth, but they were both very friendly and I'm happy I finally signed up! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Everyone,

It was a slow weekend at the Atlanta Farmers' Market, what with Halloween, deer season, and a fantastic fall weekend to be outside . . . but we still added 11 new G.C.O. members to our ranks and renewed memberships for 6 more.

Many thanks to our dedicated volunteers - we really appreciate 'ya!

Mike

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
well as you said was slow but 11 more plus renewals was good

great to be there Saturday

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Teeter said:
Hi Everyone,

It was a slow weekend at the Atlanta Farmers' Market, what with Halloween, deer season, and a fantastic fall weekend to be outside . . . but we still added 11 new G.C.O. members to our ranks and renewed memberships for 6 more.

Many thanks to our dedicated volunteers - we really appreciate 'ya!

Mike
Great job Mike, Brian and all the volunteers that always come out to help! GeorgiaCarry would not be where it is today without dedicated volunteers like you all. :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts