Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Athens Store Clerk 2nd Murder in 2 Days

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  phantoms 
#1 ·
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/123 ... 3725.shtml
A clerk was stabbed to death late Thursday at an Atlanta Highway convenience store, Athens-Clarke police said.
Hall’s murder was the second in two days on the westside.

Kenneth Omari Wray, a 30-year-old Athens-Clarke public works employee, was gunned down outside his home on Knottingham Drive Tuesday.

Police don’t have any suspects in that slaying.

#2 ·
Obviously, the power of governors is limited. However, imagine if we ever had a popular, newly elected governor hold a major press conference as one of the first things he does in office, and he says the following:

"My fellow Georgians, we all know that crime is everywhere around us, and armed criminals do not make appointments. You could become a victim at any time, in any place. They will sometimes kill you even if you cooperate. It's time you all stop being easy prey for the wolves, and take charge of your own safety. It's ultimately your responsibility to protect yourselves and your families. When seconds count, the police are often minutes away and cannot save you. It's your 2nd Amendment right to arm yourselves. All decent, adult citizens should get a firearm and learn how to effectively use it. Start defending yourselves inside and outside of your homes, and you will live much more peaceable, happy, and safe lives."

#3 ·
What a senseless trajedy, and the victim leaves behind a small child.

The people who did this are still out there somewhere, and whether they are caught or not, they are not alone. Sometimes it seems we are caught up in some nightmare of a horror movie, where 1 monster is removed and 4 more take its place.

The Glock 22 Gen 4 I've had my eye on for a while is starting to look better and better.

#4 ·
Phil1979 said:
Obviously, the power of governors is limited. However, imagine if we ever had a popular, newly elected governor hold a major press conference as one of the first things he does in office, and he says the following:

"My fellow Georgians, we all know that crime is everywhere around us, and armed criminals do not make appointments. You could become a victim at any time, in any place. They will sometimes kill you even if you cooperate. It's time you all stop being easy prey for the wolves, and take charge of your own safety. It's ultimately your responsibility to protect yourselves and your families. When seconds count, the police are often minutes away and cannot save you. It's your 2nd Amendment right to arm yourselves. All decent, adult citizens should get a firearm and learn how to effectively use it. Start defending yourselves inside and outside of your homes, and you will live much more peaceable, happy, and safe lives."
I will run and quote this if I had the support! But we all know that I would have more law suits than the state has money! :lol:

#5 ·
Arrests in clerk murder
Athens-Clarke police arrested two homeless people overnight in the Dec. 30 murder of a pregnant Athens woman while she worked at a Westside convenience store.

#6 ·
This is great news. I'm glad they got these two useless humanbeings off the street. That young woman didn't deserve to die over some money, and these 2 didn't even take any money, they murdered her, and left her there to die without any monetary gain.... I'm not sure whats worse, I'd rather someone say that my life was worth $400 from a cash drawer than say my life wasn't even worth a beer and two reese penut butter cups and a pack of gum..

I hope her family can sleep better knowing they've been caught. thanks for the follow up MP.

#9 ·
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/030 ... 3358.shtml

The indictment describes the brutality of the attack, stating that Watson and McCord held Hall against her will and stabbed her 31 times in the head, torso and arms. She had multiple cuts to her hands, a broken finger and scrapes to her head and back, according to the indictment.

Watson and McCord both stabbed Hall, according to police, who said one used a knife and the other a screwdriver.

#10 ·
#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.