Athens Rifle Club (with pics)

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by legacy38, May 11, 2007.

1. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I've been in PM contact with several members here about the ARC. I thought it might be easier to post a general thread on it.

The ARC is located just off of 441N a little over a mile north of the GA 10 Loop in Athens. The club is at the end of Paradise Valley Road (great name for a road that leads to a range). There is a 50 yard pistol range with steel targets and target stands. The rifle range is covered and has target stands and silhouettes. Standard range is 100 yards, but that can be pushed out considerably if there are no shooters under the shed. There are two skeet fields and a trap field.

The shotgun ranges are open to the public on Sundays from 2-5pm, but members on the other ranges will generally invite visitors to shoot. Dues are $100 a year with no proration (due each February), and there is an initiation fee for either $75 or $100. To join, a prospective member has to attend two monthly meetings and get checked off on each range. Monthly meetings are the first Thursday night (8pm at the club) of each month.

Feel free to contact me if you need for info.

Pistol range:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rifle shed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

skeet field:
    [​IMG]

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

well now you didn't mention they had PLATES!!!!

I may have to take you up on that so I can learn to defeat the evil plate monster (Adam 5 knows what I'm talking about)

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I told you we had steel targets. :lol: There has been another plate rack added since I took these pictures a few years ago, and there are some steel silhouettes on the pistol range was well.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

.... we need to switch the 6/16 meeting place. :D

5. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

well ramm come on down... this is like 10 mins from my house... bring the little rifle too!

6. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:shock:

Just.Could.Not.Resist.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This is where you say "Giggity!"

:D

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

i always wanted to shoot me one of them skeets

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I do a good job of giving them a scare. :)