Athens Rifle Club - anyone here members???

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by VolGrad, Jul 28, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Is anyone here a member of ARC? I joined last month but have not met many folks yet. They have a 50 yard pistol range which is partially covered. They also have 2 skeet ranges and a rifle range. I have only been a few times so far and have yet to see anyone else on the pistol range. Guess it is too hot right now. All the folks I have met are skeet shooters.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Yup. At least two of us are, and we just happen to be going to shoot there tomorrow at noon.

3. VolGrad

I will try be there. I just posted a reply to your "rubbing off" post. Your story is funny.

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Yes, please join us. I'm not exactly sure which range will be up first for us, but since we both drive brand new Nissan Frontier crew cabs we should be easy to find.

5. VolGrad

I will be in a Toyota Crew Cab. I will look for you.

6. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

Do you have to own a crew cab to join? :lol:

On the pistol range are you allowed to:
    1. Draw from holster
    2. Rapid fire
    3. Turn and draw

I shoot USPSA events and would like an outdoor place to practice. Also, do they have plate racks?

Thanks.

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

That depends on who is out there when you shoot. When I'm out there by myself or with just my shooting buddies, I shoot whatever drills I choose to shoot. Many of the club would faint if you actually drew from the holster or moved while shooting. It is very much a paper puncher club that is controlled by aging crowd of shooters that wonders why it can't attract younger members. I do enjoy shooting out there though.

8. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

And what kind of truck do you drive? :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

9. Basic_Black

Basic_Black New Member

Need directions to Athens Rifle Club monthly meeting.

Hi Guys,

As a prospective first-year law student at UGA (and one who likes to keep his shooting skills sharp), I'd be interested in attending a meeting. I tried the contact info on the ARC homepage, but the phone number voicemail had an unfamiliar name, and the email bounced back.

I'll be in Athens tomorrow (Thursday, Aug. 2nd) to look at housing, and would very much like to get directions to the ARC meeting.

If any of you gentlemen would be kind enough to PM me (or, if on Thursday, call me), I'd love to come out and meet you guys. FWIW, I grew up hunting and shooting in southwest Georgia, so I'm not a newbie to responsible gun ownership and handling.

Thanks!

Paul B.

cell: (404) 202-7204

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Re: Need directions to Athens Rifle Club monthly meeting.

PM sent

11. VolGrad

Re: Need directions to Athens Rifle Club monthly meeting.

I sent a PM also. I will likely be there. Will try to get there early to shoot some.

12. VolGrad

my PMs to black seem to want to reside permanently in my outbox. i noted your phone number and will call you tomorrow to see if you ever recd the directions i sent you.

13. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I do believe they stay in the outbox until actually read by the recipient at which point they move to the sentbox.

14. VolGrad

Good to know. I didn't want basic_black to think I ignored his message. Legacy38 and Woody_the_Infidel ( I love that handle by the way) are you by any chance coming to the meeting tonight? I was thinking about coming a little early and firing my newest purchase - HK USP-C9.

15. Basic_Black

Basic_Black New Member

Many thanks to all of you for the helpful PMs- especially with regard to meeting procedure and directions.

I plan to attend tonight, and look forward to meeting Kevin (Volgrad).

I'll have my Mark III Ruger .22 in the trunk and arrive early, on the off chance I'll be able to do some shooting.

Best,
    PB

16. VolGrad

Now you've given away my secret identity. lol.

17. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I wasn't planning on going to the meeting. I've spent all of the past two days at the range "working".

18. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

Twas work for me. Didn't get home until 2000.