ATF rids UGA of Ninja Threat

Discussion in 'In the News' started by EagleEye920, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Wow, I did not know the ninja threat was that big in Athens.

Guns drawn and the pic shows the Agent with is knee in the students neck/shoulder.

I remeber school having people running to and from classes and wearing all sorts of strange clothing. I guess it is a good thing the ATF was never at the Mercer Campus.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Where's UGA when the students need him? Looks like the ATF needs a little Bulldog course in manners... :censored:

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

So what are the chances they'd do the same thing to a muslim woman wearing a head scarf. :roll:

Isn't that knee-on-neck restaint technique a big "no-no"? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

The SAIC of the ATF thinks a hidden face is a federal issue? :shock:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, there is a state law against wearing a mask in Georgia, but that is not something the ATF would enforce (just like neither the ATF nor the FBI enforces child endangerment laws in Texas . . . ).

The knee in the back of the neck once he is already handcuffed and on the ground seems excessive for those of us who are not inclined to be bullies, but the law offers no relief to the student for a knee in the neck.

6. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Here's a pic of the guy all dressed up like a Ninja

[​IMG]

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The tactics employed here are definately subject to question; however, the agents should have investigated. A UGAPD car was responding to an emergency call in the are with lights and sirens. The agents then saw a guy running in that same area with his face covered. It was perfectly legal and reasonable for them to respond. They probably shouldn't have waded into a crowd with weapons drawn and in plain clothes, and the knee to the neck is no good, but their reaction was in good faith.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I agree. It is not the stopping that bothered me, it is the method used to make the stop.

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

not to mention the actions during.