Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang... I found a gun on Gunbroker that I used to have. I wish I hadn't sold it though. May need to grab it while I can. Astra A-75 9mm.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm a big fan of Astra and STAR handguns personally. Currently have three of them.

STAR M31P 9mm
STAR Firestar 9mm (truck gun)
STAR Megastar in 45ACP.

The Megastar is by far my favorite 45 that I own. Huge, high capacity and just beautiful in the Starvel (nickel) finish.

They are all built like tanks and I have no doubts they will last a lifetime. There's a guy in Spain that has pretty much every STAR and Astra part you will ever need (except for frames and barrels), but parts are kind of pricey. I think he bought all of the remaining inventory when the company went under.

I bought a spare recoil spring and two magazine springs from him for each of the guns. I doubt I will ever need any other parts. Although he charges quite a bit for the parts, he sent me two each of the recoil springs even though I only ordered one for each gun.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
I have always heard good things about them, but have never owned one. I think that I may get one when I have some cash available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts