Assault Weapons Ban of 2018 - Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Ted Deutch (D-Fla.)

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by tmoore912, Feb 26, 2018.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/375659-dems-introduce-assault-weapons-ban
    There is a link to the bill in the article.

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

By definition, an assault rifle is capable of full auto fire...

I don't know what an assault weapon is, unless it's whatever one uses to assault another.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

How thoughtful of them to list what weapons we'll be allowed to own.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

See, I told you. The ban does not apply to weapons currently held, so gun owners will go along peacefully (I got mine! Screw posterity!).

They know they can't ban the ones you hold, or gun owners might actually awake from their slumber of processed food and sportsball fanaticism and resist.

Mrs_Esterhouse likes this.
  5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Is this type of statement by You pretty much a Blanket Rule or do You take into consideration those of us who are out here on the the damn phone with the politicians. Those of us who are writing real letters and having face time with politicians. There are those of us who do stuff without needing recognition and do it without the need to tell the whole Damn world Look what I did. There are those of us who worry more about our grand-kids future than we do ours. Anyway that statement just sort got to me. You have a nice day.

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

You do have a way with words lol

7. Malum Prohibitum

Not sure why my post got to you. Please re-read it. The post has nothing really to do with what you are writing about in your post.

8. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

I have both called and emailed my Rep to express my opposition to the bill, and my desire that he not only vote against it, but to vehemently oppose and fight against it. I'm hoping enough people are paying attention and contacting their reps.

9. alnen

alnen Active Member

Oh joy, a bipartisan gun ban bill. Gotta love our reps that don't give a damn about the constitution.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Passed the Judiciary last night, passed the House this morning. Mitch McConnell (R) and Chuck Schumer (D) issued a joint statement promising a fast hearing and vote in the Senate early next week.

11. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I thought Republicans were supposed to repeal Obamacare and protect gun rights. Glad I didn't vote for them.

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

13. Mrs_Esterhouse

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

So far, only one here seems to have noticed.

Why are you detracting from the important issues? It's all about STORMY this week.

In all seriousness, I have sent emails to my Rep and both Senators and called all three offices this morning. I am anxiously waiting for their personal responses.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Yeah . . . hrmph. :neutral:

16. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

I received canned response from Perdue and my rep (Graves), and nothing from Isakson. In the past Graves' office usually responded quickly and in agreement about gun issues.