Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Assault Weapons Ban of 2018 - Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Ted Deutch (D-Fla.)

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Nemo 
#1 ·
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/375659-dems-introduce-assault-weapons-ban
There is a link to the bill in the article.
The legislation would make it "unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon."

However, the ban wouldn't apply to semi-automatic weapons that were "lawfully possessed" when the measure went into effect.

The bill also requires the attorney general to create a public record of semiautomatic assault weapons that have been used in crimes.

#3 ·
By definition, an assault rifle is capable of full auto fire...

I don't know what an assault weapon is, unless it's whatever one uses to assault another.

#4 ·

#6 ·
See, I told you. The ban does not apply to weapons currently held, so gun owners will go along peacefully (I got mine! Screw posterity!).

They know they can't ban the ones you hold, or gun owners might actually awake from their slumber of processed food and sportsball fanaticism and resist.

#7 ·
Is this type of statement by You pretty much a Blanket Rule or do You take into consideration those of us who are out here on the the damn phone with the politicians. Those of us who are writing real letters and having face time with politicians. There are those of us who do stuff without needing recognition and do it without the need to tell the whole Damn world Look what I did. There are those of us who worry more about our grand-kids future than we do ours. Anyway that statement just sort got to me. You have a nice day.

#10 ·
I have both called and emailed my Rep to express my opposition to the bill, and my desire that he not only vote against it, but to vehemently oppose and fight against it. I'm hoping enough people are paying attention and contacting their reps.

#15 ·
#13 ·
Memories....

#14 ·
I thought Republicans were supposed to repeal Obamacare and protect gun rights. Glad I didn't vote for them.

#18 ·
So far, only one here seems to have noticed.

Why are you detracting from the important issues? It's all about STORMY this week.

In all seriousness, I have sent emails to my Rep and both Senators and called all three offices this morning. I am anxiously waiting for their personal responses.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.