Assault weapon

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by dawwgman12, Jun 16, 2016.

1. dawwgman12

dawwgman12 New Member

What is the difference between a gun and an assault weapon

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Assault is a deviant behavior, not a classification or descriptor of weaponry.

3. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Perception.

And for many Americans, perception is their reality.

Az

4. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

If you are looking for the actual definition of an assault weapon it would be a firearm with select fire capability firing an intermediate powered cartridge.

Hence the reason the media and anti-gun politicians were forced to fabricate the term : semi-automatic assault weapon.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

A feather pillow used to assault another person with an assault weapon feather pillow. A semi auto assault weapon is two feather pillows used alternatively to assault another person with a semi auto feather pillow.

In the real sense of the combination of words "assault weapon" can be any weapon (baseball bat, knife, dinner ware, 40' ladder, motor vehicle, etc...) used in the assault of another person. Murder weapon would be any weapon used to kill another person. See above for examples.

6. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Sometimes i consider my wife to be an assault weapon....when her semi automatic mouth starts yelling at me to mow the lawn...lol

7. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

A standard semi-automatic rifle becomes an assault weapon when you switch the wood grain stock for a black plastic one. It is debatable whether or not simply spray painting the wood stock black raises its lethality enough to be considered an assault weapon.

8. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

An "assault weapon" is literally any gun the anti-gun lobby wants banned. There is no real definition of the phrase. It has been used to include Marlin .22s and Mossberg pump shotguns. Don't think it's being limited to SBRs (Scary Black Rifles).

http://www.gunbanfacts.com/assault-weapons.aspx

Josh Sugarmann, founder of Violence Policy Center, wrote a paper in 1988 where he claimed that by using a scary term "assault" on a scary looking rifle, they could increase the chances of public support for bans. He really wants to ban handguns, but recognizes he couldn't get support for that, so switched to pushing for bans on scary rifles, only as a starting point.

Reason.com has an article discussing a NYT article on the "misleading" phrase.
    http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/17/the-new-york-times-which-uncritically-re

The anti-gun lobby always overestimates the public support they have and switch to subterfuge when they discover that fact. For instance, they start off with organizations named "National Coalition to Ban Handguns" and "National Council to Control Handguns". When they discover no public support that way, they rename to "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" and "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence". But their definition of "violence" is essentially "owning a gun".

If the anti-gun lobby had honest support for its positions, it would not need to resort to subterfuge, such as deceptively editing documentaries and misleading terms.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

An assault weapon has a shoulder thing that goes up. A gun doesn't.

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Welcome to GPDO.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0[/ame]

11. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

12. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

14. GMan45ACP

GMan45ACP New Member

I want to find one of these rifles that apparently have a clip that can hold several bullets and eject them from the barrel at one time downrange.......oh wait, is she referring to a shotgun that groups several pellets in a plastic clip and sends them out the barrel at one time when I pull the trigger?

15. phaed

phaed Active Member

according to the bimbos at fox news, it's the scope.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYhA-cUjqDE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYhA-cUjqDE[/ame]

16. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

Hahahaha!

I see someone else recorded that as I did and uploaded to YouTube.

If you pay attention you will also hear her say:

1.) "This could have been done with a hunting rifle very easily as long as it was a double shot weapon .. they could easily do it with something you can purchase at a grocery store"

2.) "as long as you have a rifle that has a clip and it's not a situation where your bullet actually be has to be ejected between shots"

This lady was supposed to be a "forensic expert" ....

Maybe they do sell rifles at Piggly Wiggly in Texas .... that I am not certain of.....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  17. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

That much stupid gives me a head ache....ug #-o

18. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

We ain't got a cure for someone that stupid. The saddest part is that people pay her to be that stupid publicly. :popcorn:

19. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر