Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Assault is a deviant behavior, not a classification or descriptor of weaponry.

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
What is the difference between a gun and an assault weapon
If you are looking for the actual definition of an assault weapon it would be a firearm with select fire capability firing an intermediate powered cartridge.

Hence the reason the media and anti-gun politicians were forced to fabricate the term : semi-automatic assault weapon.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
What is the difference between a gun and an assault weapon
A feather pillow used to assault another person with an assault weapon feather pillow. A semi auto assault weapon is two feather pillows used alternatively to assault another person with a semi auto feather pillow.

In the real sense of the combination of words "assault weapon" can be any weapon (baseball bat, knife, dinner ware, 40' ladder, motor vehicle, etc...) used in the assault of another person. Murder weapon would be any weapon used to kill another person. See above for examples.

·
Registered
883 Posts
A feather pillow used to assault another person with an assault weapon feather pillow. A semi auto assault weapon is two feather pillows used alternatively to assault another person with a semi auto feather pillow.

In the real sense of the combination of words "assault weapon" can be any weapon (baseball bat, knife, dinner ware, 40' ladder, motor vehicle, etc...) used in the assault of another person. Murder weapon would be any weapon used to kill another person. See above for examples.
Sometimes i consider my wife to be an assault weapon....when her semi automatic mouth starts yelling at me to mow the lawn...lol

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
A standard semi-automatic rifle becomes an assault weapon when you switch the wood grain stock for a black plastic one. It is debatable whether or not simply spray painting the wood stock black raises its lethality enough to be considered an assault weapon.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
An "assault weapon" is literally any gun the anti-gun lobby wants banned. There is no real definition of the phrase. It has been used to include Marlin .22s and Mossberg pump shotguns. Don't think it's being limited to SBRs (Scary Black Rifles).

http://www.gunbanfacts.com/assault-weapons.aspx

Josh Sugarmann, founder of Violence Policy Center, wrote a paper in 1988 where he claimed that by using a scary term "assault" on a scary looking rifle, they could increase the chances of public support for bans. He really wants to ban handguns, but recognizes he couldn't get support for that, so switched to pushing for bans on scary rifles, only as a starting point.

The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weaponsâ€"anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gunâ€"can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these guns.
Reason.com has an article discussing a NYT article on the "misleading" phrase.
http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/17/the-new-york-times-which-uncritically-re

The anti-gun lobby always overestimates the public support they have and switch to subterfuge when they discover that fact. For instance, they start off with organizations named "National Coalition to Ban Handguns" and "National Council to Control Handguns". When they discover no public support that way, they rename to "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" and "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence". But their definition of "violence" is essentially "owning a gun".

If the anti-gun lobby had honest support for its positions, it would not need to resort to subterfuge, such as deceptively editing documentaries and misleading terms.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
An assault weapon has a shoulder thing that goes up. A gun doesn't.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
...if your rifle has a clip and it's not a situation where your bullet has to be ejected in between...like a single action rifle..............
I want to find one of these rifles that apparently have a clip that can hold several bullets and eject them from the barrel at one time downrange.......oh wait, is she referring to a shotgun that groups several pellets in a plastic clip and sends them out the barrel at one time when I pull the trigger?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
according to the bimbos at fox news, it's the scope.
Hahahaha!

I see someone else recorded that as I did and uploaded to YouTube.

If you pay attention you will also hear her say:

1.) "This could have been done with a hunting rifle very easily as long as it was a double shot weapon .. they could easily do it with something you can purchase at a grocery store"

2.) "as long as you have a rifle that has a clip and it's not a situation where your bullet actually be has to be ejected between shots"

This lady was supposed to be a "forensic expert" ....

Maybe they do sell rifles at Piggly Wiggly in Texas .... that I am not certain of.....

·
American
3,289 Posts
We ain't got a cure for someone that stupid. The saddest part is that people pay her to be that stupid publicly. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts