Article from the Red and Black (UGA paper)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glockgirl, Apr 23, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/ ... 2731.shtml

let me just tell you this is not my favorite newspaper.

2. Taler

Taler New Member

Audrey needs help.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Are you going to write a rebuttal?

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

will you help me Ramm? I know what I want to say but am not so eloquent sometimes... I am working a double today so I will work on one and let ya'll critique it.

there is also a letter to the editor quoting some pretty stupid handgun injuries stats. I will find it and give it it's own thread. basically the whole opinions page was antigun today....

I have almost had to sue this paper before over something else so i am already on their hit list

5. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

I wonder what the stats would be if you asked all those in the midst of the shooting if they wished they had a weapon to defend themselves other than an ink pen or their cellphone while the ordeal was going on. I doubt you would hear any say that they were glad they were unarmed.

I would bet all those antigun posters would be posting the opposite had they been in the situation with nothing but a bull's eye on their back.

6. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

I'm speechless as to the poor logic of this statement:

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yep. I am always up to help the cause.

8. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

The point is shock and awe. This student knows that they can get their name in big letters with a lot of people reading and remembering what they say if they say the right thing that provokes emotion. No one, including the author, cares if it is factual or true as the intent is not to give a balanced discussion. Most of the readers have no clue if what is said is correct nor do they care. I would even be willing to bet there is intentional misinformation in many of these articles in hopes that they will get attention and responses from pro-gun people.

It is more of the sticking your head in the sand philosophies. The only time they come out of the sand is when they are actually in a situation that forces them to think about the sad realities of violence in society. Until then they will live in the Utopian-society that exists only in their inexperienced minds.

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

My comment posted:

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I submitted a comment to the blog they have on the article. There will always be people who write about this crap after the fact and never being in that position. Ask some of the kids in the rooms affected if they feel having a gun would have helped!

Until then I believe people should be silenced and allow them to speak. If they have already and I am off my rocker, please let me know. I just havent heard anything from the survivors.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

by people I meant the wonderful journalists!

12. maddog

maddog New Member

Something else to note: I have been watching Ebay for a couple of months looking for hi cap mags for my glock. I have yet to see anything but the 10 rd mags for glocks

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Would anyone be surprised if eBay stopped selling gun parts/accessories because of this? I know they would have at least one less customer. There are tons of parts, accessories, and hunting supplies on there as it is.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

GG, you start on that response yet?

15. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I posted a quick comment but don't have a letter to the editor done yet. I know what I feel but can't get it into words on paper that don't make me sound like a gun nut

16. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

well someone has already written a good comment to the article but I will try to write something too.